Friday, May 26, 2017

To dress, or not to dress?
That is the question.

Hi,

As I write this, I'm sat using the Ever Lovely Mrs J's laptop, far away from Jones Towers. It's half-term, so despite a bit of rush, we managed to get the kids out of school early and up to the North of England. Me being me, I'm using some remote control software to connect back home. I'm always slightly concerned that one day, a holiday home owner will find YATGB. Oh well, plain sight and all that eh? :-)

Shoes

With the weather turning warmer, I've ditched my usual walking boots and switched to my Converse trainers. Yes, in Richard mode, I have two sets of shoes. Three, if you count some interview / posh dos. Four if you include Wellies. :-P As to m collection of heels, flats and sandals, well, I'm not sure I've got the mental maths skills to count.

But, as I walked up the hill from dropping of Little Miss at school, I found myself having to switch my gait to a more blokey stroll. It seems the tap-tap-tap of basketball canvas shoes is a bit too like that of flats, and some setting flicked over in my head. Bugger. Right. Straight arms. Heavy shoulder movements. No hip swaying :-D

So, what is it about shoes that changes us so much? Clearly heels are very different blokey stompers, but flats? Yes, I'd say different again in that you do have to walk slighty differently. For a start, they're not always as well held on as a laced shoe. Plus, the thinner soul makes you stay away from any pavement gravel.

Thursday 

If I'm honest, Thursday night was a bit of a wobble. It was a case of to dress or not to dress? That is the question.  Given the heat and being tired, I was not in the best of moods, shall we say. Not angry or miffed, but just a bit, well, meh, really.

That mood very kindly fed into the feedback loop of well, this is your last chance for a month. True, given that the Ever Lovely Mrs J is away on business again. Ah, oh well. Val has very kindly locked up and sorted the money from last time, so I owe her - so to speak.

Still, the temperature had dropped a little by the time I got in and I had a good long chat with Pat, as we got changed upstairs. I was pleased to find my recent corset is a bit too large, and thanks to light lunches plus bike rides, I can get back into my old one. That and my size 14 summer cotton trousers - a blessing in hot weather - are wearable once again. Okay, so that's a just about 14, but it's the step in the right direction.

But, I was glad I went  I did manage to remember the jewellery the Ever Lovely Mrs J had wanted shot of. At a quid a pop, give or take, we had a few extra pennies to put in the group's bank account. It all helps, plus folk get something new to them at a song. I do like to see people enjoying things new to them.

Given it was bright outside, we switched the photos around a bit. But, tradition says you do need to have a snap on the stairs. :-)

 

Happy long weekend!

Take care,
Lynn


7 comments:

  1. Well done with the weight loss.
    Consider changing your name to Lean :)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. Looks like I'll be back on the diet when we get home. Mmmm, beer and pies :-)

      Delete
  2. You look lovely! Happy and comfortable too, despite the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma. Kind of you to say so.

      Yes, it did cool down as the evening went on. A few hours of being fab does recharge the batteries. :-)

      Delete
  3. Lynn try the diet iam on it's a seafood diet, it's good I seafood & I eat it, Lynn you look stunning as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yes, the seafood diet is excellent! I've never felt so full. Mind you, when I fell asleep under a blue and white towel, I was woken by some 'helpful' Greenpeace activists trying to roll me back into the sea. ;-) Still, it was a great deep tissue massage. :-D

      PS: Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete