First off, I hope you had a good Christmas. At Jones Towers things were very family orientated which is just how we like it! Both Wee Man and Little Miss thoroughly enjoyed themselves and the Ever Lovely Mrs J enjoyed her surprises. For me, and apologies if this is a bit cliche, it was all about seeing the joy on peoples' faces, good laughter and plenty of welcoming hugs as family arrived.
I appreciate that for some, Christmas can be more a time to count ones losses or avoid conflict. The festive season isn't always a time of cheer. If this was you, I hope 2017 is kinder to you, whatever your situation is.
Talking of the future, what will 2017 have in store for us? I'm curious as to how the big political changes will play out. Both the cynic and the romantic in me - odd how those two bedfellows get on - would like to see those who lied (or post-truth, if you want a modern term) get called to task. I can only hope that we'll see an end to the populist and a-little-too-frequently-dangerous BS that's been doing the rounds this year.
What of this year? Well, ignoring the big stories, for little ol' me, there's been some highlights.
- My family are doing well and that's something to be thankful for.
- Likewise, Chams keeps on trucking and the new website and forum, where somewhat of a challenge, they are bedding in nicely. Folk are posting regularly and speaking personally, I'm finding the out-of-meeting chat really helpful and supportive. Top job everyone!
- I think we're on the cusp of sorting the funding out, which will help us.
- I've managed a few trips out and about.
- I've met up with old (trans) friends.
- I've come out to a dear friend and this went well.
- I've gave a talk about what it is to be trans and - dare I say - entertained and educated.
- After the Xmas party, Laura was kind enough to say this: "Boy, can Lynn dance - she certainly got her 'groove' on with the scissor sisters track!". That very much put the icing on the cake.♥
- I've changed my hairstyle and had a lot of fun trying on new ones when TrendCo visited.
- I've been to the biscuit tin one too many times, my weight could be worse! :-)
- I blagged an interview with a trans author for T-Central.
- I've been happy with big event outfits (here , here and here) and felt happy in my own skin. I don't think you can put a price on the latter.
- I've not seen much of the Black Dog, just a few early starts with our own pets.
- I've been lucky enough to have this blog featured a few times on T Central (1, 2, 3, 4 and 5).
- Val kindly wrote the first guest piece for this blog. Thank you!
- I've been fortunate enough to have you lot read and offer thoughtful advice and/or witty comments on many an occasion.
Stay safe, happy new year and thanks for reading.