Friday, April 22, 2016

Wanting

Hi,

The first week back after the holiday wasn't so bad. At least I didn't have back to back meetings, which makes a different. It's funny, meetings. When I first started work, I wanted to be involved and found it frustrating that meetings would come and go, without any involvement. Now, I seem to be struggling to find gaps, in which to do the work I'm being asked about.

Okay, I jest, but not by much. :-) I don't mind meeting up, although I do like a purpose for it. Ideally, there should be a short gap between the last one - hello, comfort break and the all important cup of tea? :-) Equally, having some agreed actions at the end, isn't a bad idea.

Thing is, in the gap of someone to drive these, I often find myself asking what the actions are and then emailing everyone. Otherwise, we just drift through the working week and get very little done. Thing is, this isn't specific to where I work, it seems to be the new way of, well, not working ;-)

Technical Issues

For whatever reason, I suspect either the hamster is tired of running in it's wheel, the Nottingham Chameleons forum is currently offline. I've had nothing back from the hosting company, but as it's free, it would be a bit rude to get all huffy about it. :-)

So, I've set up a new temporary home as a stopgap measure. Maybe it's time to spend some of the group's funds on a hosted web site? Part of me would like the challenge, but it's a) money and b) more to faff with. Still, it might look more professional.

Edit

A few months ago T Central asked about some guest posts, so, I put paws to plastic and hammered out a few articles to help. The post about Chams has already gone up, and there's one more in the pipeline for publishing. When that'll arrive, I'm not sure, but hopefully it'll be useful.

I've also been in touch with an author, a lady who wrote A Love Less Ordinary, if you remember that. If not, do check out Amazon, it's certainly worth a read. I've got a few notes to polish up on that, and then that can go into the publishing queue, as well. Larks, I should have been a journo ;-)

Shopping & Wanting

It's been a little too long between 'Lynn mode' occasions for my liking. I wouldn't say it's getting me down, indeed, my mood seems unaffected. What has seemed to happen is I've spent more time looking at things to buy, which I probably don't need.

In fact, I've bought some new wedges and some summer trousers. The latter are going to have to go back, as they not so much 'graze my ankles' as shoot up my calves when I sit down. Flattering, no, not really. But, on the upside, I found my old white cotton, wide legged trousers still fit, which is good news. Pennies saved eh?

I am beginning to feel.... not so much the pressure, but a want to be out and about. It's funny because to use the word urge or need, suggests, at least to me, some type of desire... and that word has connotations all of its own. ;-) No, it's not that far removed from wanting some chocolate, when you're on a diet, or wanting to go out, when you've been stuck in because of the weather. So, yeah, there's an itch, so to speak, but how best to scratch it? Therein, lies the rub.

Still, a week or so to go until the next meeting and maybe TrendCo will bring a surprise, in the wig department. Fingers crossed eh?

Lynn
x



12 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    You may already know it, but if not check out John Cleese's managment training video 'Meetings, Bloody Meetings' made sometime in the 70s. Someone is bound to have put this up on YouTube.
    I hate meetings which have no apparent point or actions to follow up. I could be doing actual productive work in that time.
    Definitely starting to feel the 'Susie' urge more and more as time drags on. It's been a long time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the video suggestion, I'll have a look for that. If we've not really moved on from the 70s, that wouldn't surprise me. Some business cultures seem to take an age to change.

      Maybe we need to book a meeting, so we can both be fabulous and on the company clock too. :-D

      Delete
    2. It's a fantasy I've had more than once, but will probably the first and last time I turn up to work as Susie, and possibly the last time I turn up to work period.

      Delete
    3. Well, maybe we shouldn't run the event at your employer's ;-)

      Delete
  2. You web site seems to be working

    http://www.nottinghamchameleons.moonfruit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anon.

    The main site, is indeed up. It's the old forum, that's carked it:

    http://excoboard.com/nottinghamchameleons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn, great post as ever. Can't wait to see the output with the author - her book (Love Less Ordinary) is so fantastic, I've read it at least twice and enjoyed it so much. She really needs to blog more often!! :o)

    Love the wedges too. Nothing says Summer and happy days like wedges!

    Take care,
    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhi. That's very kind of you to say so. In our brief chats, Laura's very busy with life and education, so fitting in extra writing must be tricky. You could always post a comment and suggest an extra book :-)

      I do like wedge sandals, although these need breaking in, rather than breaking in my feet ;-)

      Delete
    2. I have previously exchanged emails with Laura. I wanted her to know just how much her / their story touched me. A second book would just be so fantastic! Sounds like it might be tough to fit in, but definitely worth asking!

      Broken feet in heels - a price worth paying 😊.

      Delete
  5. When you are long between outings, can we say you are stuck in Lynn-bo?

    No, let's not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let us, that is such a great pun. Pun-tastic in fact! :o) x

      Delete
    2. Hmmm.... Now I have my own name pun...? Ho. Ho.. Ho... ;-)

      Delete