Friday, September 04, 2015

Changes

Hi,

You probably know that I answer the emails and keep an eye on the forum, for Chameleons. In the last two years or so, I've noticed a change -if you pardon the pun - in who contacts the group. Yes, a lot of our number are regular cross dressers (/waves), although we're seeing a gradual diversification.

Questions from women who identify as men, and also from younger people too. Okay, mostly teenagers, but still, I think we're, and to steal a well known headline, reaching at a tipping point.

It seems, well, at least to me, that the trans elements of society are making themselves known earlier. They are speaking up and early. I still see conservative type who are trying to push the genie back in the bottle. Good luck with that. You may as well try knitting with fog.

People are feeling what it's like to be free, and be true to themselves. I can only hope it leads to happier grown-ups. The full article is here and there's a GIRES leaflet here too.

Lynn
x

[ Update: By some strange turn of the planets and Fate, everyone, bar YT, was out of the house on Saturday. The Ever Lovely Mrs J and Little Miss had headed out to help at a charity thing, while Wee Man, was staying over at Mrs J's parents. For the first time in a long time, I had a Saturday morning to myself. What to do, what to do? :-) After Hoovering and tidying up, I went through my second wardrobe: tried a few things on and put aide the items I no longer want. The less-flapjack-and-more-fruit diet seems to be working. My weight may not have dropped massively, but my shape is less boxy and I found favourite clothes that fit again. Woo-hoo! It was odd not bothering with any make-up, but it was warm and I wanted to get the housework and lawns sorted, rather than worrying about removing all the evidence. All in all, a very nice start to the weekend! ]

4 comments:

  1. It seems, well, at least to me, that the trans elements of society are making themselves known earlier. They are speaking up and early. I still see conservative types who are trying to push the genie back in the bottle. Good luck with that. You may as well try knitting with fog.

    This reminds me of a conservative blogger I used to follow. While we might have disagreed on various things, he still struck me as someone relatively reasonable and moderate. That all changed when I read a rant he wrote about the supposedly sorry state of the world today, in which he lamented that men could now venture out of the house dressed "effeminately" without expecting to be beaten up by their masculine peers. Yeah... I never had too much time for him after that.

    On a vaguely related note, I happened to be walking through my old alma mater yesterday when I saw a bunch of posters for a talk called "Born This Way", which was described as "My journey into transexuality, shamanism, the occult, sex, drugs, and the music industry, powerlifting, bodybuilding, WWE style wrestling, BDSM/kink scene...... and out, RESTORED!" (yes, that's what it actually said!). Unfortunately, I discovered it had been held the day before, which meant I missed it! What a shame! Or not. I'm sure the presenter had been just another of those con artists "lying for Jesus".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to leave the house all 'femmed up', but once the risk of physical assault diminished, why bother? It just takes all the fun out of an evening doesn't it. I mean, c'mon, who are we dressing up for? We need to be out and about to give violent thugs, who may be in denial, something to do on a night. :-P

      Maybe you should do your own Born This Way poster and finish with "...and then held down a full time job, and became happy." :-D

      Delete
  2. Off Topic..
    Have you noticed that the 'Members' widget in the sidebar is broken? If you click on it, the contents changes as if to show you more details and then the graphics is re-drawn so nearly all of it is covered up, apart from the top half of the title text. Makes it impossible to click through to any followers. Very vexing.
    It happens on my page as well, and on others I have looked at. Does not appear to be browser dependent either - it even happens on my phone.
    Not sure if there is any fix.
    Just thought I'd mention it. Computers, huh!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed the Members area (stop that sniggering at the back!) was playing up earlier in the week. I've just checked it now and all seems to be well. Computers eh? Tsk. :-)

      Delete