Friday, July 03, 2015

Distractions

Hi,

Larks, it's late and the unwelcome side of too warm. However, the weather's on the turn, so I'm hopeful it'll be a bit cooler. It's also the weekend, so no rushing about to meetings, or the school run. Just time with the Jones Massive. All things to look forward to.

Little Miss performed in her school concert and I was very proud of her. Doubly so because she didn't play a recorder. ;-)

The pressure from work seems to be clearing a little and for that, I'm very grateful. I also had a long chat with a work mate. Not around work issues, but a twenty minute chat and much silliness and laughter. Odd, when you get stuck under a cloud, I forget what it is to make others laugh, or just listen to them talk. I find it's a welcome distraction from the noise in my own head.

So, here's to cooler temperatures and welcome distractions.
Lynn
x

6 comments:

  1. there's nothing wrong with recorders :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I hear one played well, I may review my stance. Until then, they remain in the Venn diagram of 'noise' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's nothing wrong with noise either ;)

      but okay, here's something *nice* for a group of recorders...

      https://www.sendspace.com/file/83bhg1

      Delete
    2. "...and noise, is poison to the mind." :-)

      Quite nice, but just not my bag (baby). Ta for the link.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynn,
    Yes, one of my colleagues (who has 3) refers to these things as 'clap-athons'. Ah, I remember those days... not all bad!
    Also, ref chats and things - Work is particularly crummy for me at the moment (you are not alone) but I had a long chat with one of my wife's Womens Institute friends yesterday (while I was sorting out her printer); not about anything in particular but it did me a world of good to just talk without any agenda or baggage.
    Keep your chin up!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly, there was a lot of clapping. Still, better than cold silence, partisan parents or booing. :-) The kids all test really hard and I think it's a good outlet fit those who aren't sporty or academic.

      Sorry to hear your work isn't great at tho mo. Let's put it down to the weather and hope it changes soon.

      Delete