Friday, September 19, 2014

Personal choices

Hi,

It's been one of those quiet, yet busy weeks this time around. While not much has happened, work and home life have been a bit of a blur. The Ever Lovely Mrs J has been away for work, which means Yours Truly has been wearing the parent hat full time. Don't get me wrong, it's great to do so, although it did mean I was a lot more tired than usual. I suppose it's the mix of an earlier start - to make sure Wee Man gets dropped at his friend's house - and then the rush through work, before it's time to pick up and make the tea. How do working women manage eh?

With Mrs J away and when the kids were younger, I would be working my way through my closet and no doubt, practicing my make-up routine. Yet, in the last few years, and possibly due to the luxury of regular nights out, I no longer feel the need. Instead, it was comfy socks, a few episodes of Hemlock Grove and a large mug of tea, before turning in for the night.

No, I don't know about you, but there's only so much TV I can watch, before I get a bit restless. The need to do something..... a bit more creative. Well, in my case at least, bashing the keys around until something that looks vaguely acceptable appears. :-) After last time's success in shifting the Our Different Journey pages over, I thought about doing something else like that. Well, a fixed bit of content, rather than a regular blog post.

I've tried my hand at emptying my brain over some reviews. Hopefully, not so much this is pants, buy this instead, but more.... businesses or products I've found useful over the *cough* *mumble* years I've been crossdressing (Ed: since the 90s?). I'd like to point out this doesn't make me an expert, by any means. Hell, I'm always wary when any visitor at work introduces themselves as an expert. :-) Personally, the more I learn about something, the more I realise there is more to learn!

But flippancy aside, I'm hoping to increase this reviews page as more ideas come to me. I am trying to do it from a personal stance, so if you do have something that works for you, feel free to share in the comments section. That doesn't mean I'll be posting it back to the reviews page.

Anyway, I hope you find it useful and if not, you know where the comments box is ;-)

Take care,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts have been turning toward writing a review or two, though they'll probably be very pithy and short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to those. The pithier the better ;-)

      Delete