Friday, March 07, 2014

Nails

Hi,

Tiredness: which is not what I'd planned to write about today, but it seems a strange, sometimes sneaky, beast. It's the end of the week and, as I've said before, I find there's a certain level of magic about the weekend. Perhaps it's the idea of promise; that you've a whole three nights and two days to do what you want. Anything from reading, lying about, to walking, going swimming, baking, cooking, visiting friends & family, to the more everyday necessities of grocery shopping.

Yet tonight, I nodded off on the sofa. I was comfortable and I felt my eyes start to grow heavy. Now, there are a few things in life I can resist and a few that I can't. On the list of irresistibles are - in no particular order: chocolate, a walk in good weather, talking, the perfect pair of black heels,  and staying awake when I'm sleepy. The latter, well, that seemed to hit me like a warm blanket and zzz, I was gone.

Twenty minutes later and - eh? Oh. I was just resting my eyes. Time to start the bedtime routine for Little Miss and now, I'm beginning to perk up a little. I think I've always been a night owl. But, what about you, dear reader? Morning person, night owl, serial napper or wide-awake until bedtime?

Job Stuff

A little more on the job situation: you know last time I got an email from an agency about a possible new job? Well, this time around I had to do a technical test. I'm not a fan of on-line tests, I'll be honest. I find them a little black & white, rather than being able to fully explain yourself.

Anyway, I'm through that test (second top score out of the ten candidates), so I'm in the queue for an interview. The funny thing is, I'm still not sure I want the job. I guess it's nice to be in a position, where I could take it, or leave it. I'm not in a rush just yet.

Blogger Challenge: Nail Polish

Nails. Not the hardware variety, but the partially protective things at the end of your fingers and toes. The things that grow too quickly when you're away from some clippers, and seem to break or shrink, when it's time for a fab night out.

I don't like mine too short because back when I used to ride a motorbike, too short nails meant my gloves would dig into my fingers. Somehow paradoxically, having my fingernails a little longer than blunt-flat, meant this didn't happen. I got used to keeping them like that.

If I go out, to Chameleons, or otherwise, I pretty much always wear nail varnish. I'm not sure, but I guess it's a bit like lippy. I don't feel fully dressed without having my nails done. Perhaps it's a useful method for making my man hands feel less....well, man-like.

I've got quite a stash of colours and shades, and the Ever Lovely Mrs J dips in to the collection, when she wants her toenails painted during the summer months. Of course, if Mum's having her toes done, so Little Miss also wants hers doing too. :-) Still, they both sit nicely, we chat about stuff and everyone's happy.


Although I find some nail art cute, or clever, some if it doesn't quite work for me. I've never tried it personally. I guess the issue is mainly time. By the time my nails are dry, I'm already heading out and for the short period of time I am out and about, it hardly seems worth spending extra time applying dots, stripes, or glitter.... although I did do the latter one Xmas. I did like that look. :-) No, I'm afraid it's three-in-one as the base, two fast drying top coats and, if I've got time, another swish of three-in-one to lock the polish.

Nail Wraps have had a brief spin on the high street and I tried some from Boots for a Xmas party. They went on okay, but you do have to be careful when applying them and I think a coat of three-in-one base/protect/topcoat wouldn't go amiss either. While I wouldn't use them every day, I think they're nice for a big night out, or if you fancy something funky to break the mood up a little.

I've tried false nails in the past, but they're not really me. Strange, because they'd solve the problem of removing all traces of polish! :-) If you do fancy trying some, the KISS Range is pretty good and the sizing is very good. Some come pre-glued and if you're really careful, can easily be reused.

Take care,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. I find it's only the pre-glued ones I can keep on. No matter how I use glue, they always end up pinging off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Not had that problem personally. I find glue a bit messy and difficult to get rid of. How do you desk with it?

      Delete
  2. F@@@@@@UCK!!! I hate BLOGSPOT and it's stupid verification system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Destroyed another amazing funny comment!!!!

    Alexis = MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete