Friday, September 27, 2013

The Case of the Irish Jig

Hi folks,

Working weeks, sometimes they can be busy-busy-busy can't then? So it seems also true of home, and also trans-life too. On Wednesday I'd managed to swing working from home, so I could get my head down and actually get Stuff Done. You know how it is in the modern open plan office; more noise than a room full of reporters and a soon-to-be-sacked politician.

I also had booked the afternoon off so I could collect Wee Man and Little Miss. Sometimes, the Ever Lovely Mrs J - who, truth be told - does the longer part of the child duties (the afternoon), but if there's something on she can't miss, yours truly takes a turn. Wee Man also had a friend over, so once I'd finished being IT Assistant, they were happily engrossed in playing Minecraft. In the time between pick-up and finishing work, thought, that was time for a little time investment in more glamorous pursuits..... :-)

A change in style


With a little time to kill, I popped into town, parked up and headed on over to Hot Hair. I've walked by a few times and we - Chameleons [thirty one years and still going strong] - have had a visit from them a few years ago, but I've not been in. I had seen something in the sale I liked and armed with the pocket money (!) I'd saved up over the last year, I was in the mood for a change to change hair colour and the style of it too.

Anyway, said item was in stock but a) was well out of my price range and b) the lack of a fringe didn't really work for me. I think on someone with the right shaped face, it would have been spot on.

I asked what else they had and the sales assistant, was kind enough to go and find a few more that were along the same lines - colour, length and at a price I could afford. I tried on a few, but I went back to one I did like and yes, that's it in the photo. Sorry about the iffy colours, I'm not usually that orange :-)

Before I could warm up to the idea of asking Hot Hair visiting Chameleons, bless her, she offered! I know a few folk at the group have been asking if they'd come around and like many things in life, it was on my list of things to do. All done.

Oh and I saved 10% for being part of the Chameleons Group. Happy days!

Forgetful

My memory has never been one of my strong points, well, my short term memory. I really need to start writing more down, and I don't mean blogging. :-) Thanks to a bit of careful planning with the kids' bath night, The Ever Lovely Mrs J was kind enough to do the bedtime story routine, which left me to nip off early to Chameleons. Now, it's been ages since I've visited, I think the last one might have been July, and I had a spring in my step as it was a party night.

I arrived early, set the tables up and headed upstairs to put on my new dress. I'd found some heel pads in my cupboard, which have meant I can walk in those killer heels. Previously, they had a habit of slipping off when I walked. That's just not done, darhlink. ;-) As it was a party night, I thought I'd go for bold eye make-up, some false lashes and killer heels. I have been reading some 'how tos' on Pinterest, and I think I've got a better idea of what I'm doing. Well, I was pleased with the results and no-one laughed, so two points to Gryffindor . :-) It's nice to be able to be all fine and fancy once in a while. Alison popped up to say hello and we had a good chat while I got ready.

We headed downstairs and.... all the tables had been moved into the middle.

Ah. So it wasn't party night. That would be next time.....

Bugger. :-)

That slight slip-up of mine did not detract from the evening and I had an excellent night talking to old friends as it seemed like ages since we last spoke. Social media is all well and good, but it's just not the same in terms of being able to enjoy another person's company. It's tricky at social dos, there are people to catch up with and yet, I'm conscious that I don't want to snub anyone by not saying hi. Oh, I did remember to bring the Hot Hair book of wigs with me, so I've got a few items on the list for them to try and bring at a later visit. (Note to self - don't forget to ring them!).

I also had a quick chat with a new-ish member, Isabelle. She was asking about how to wash a wig, and somehow I got called over to have my brains (Ed: brrainz?) picked. Still, I think I gave the right answers. Cold water, gas mark six, right? ;-)

The evening rolled along and I was late getting changed. I had to leave with my false eyelashes still on. That was so I didn't keep the caretaker behind while she was locking up. Sophie was kind enough to work some photo magic - thanks Mrs!

I've now got a list of dates for the meetings, so there's a bit of web-site work to do. All in all, it's been a very good week.

Take care,
Lynn
x

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. LOL. The colour filter is way off, but it was a far more daytime look.

      IMO ;-)

      Delete
  2. Does it have to be party night to be party night? :)

    I have the same trouble with short term memory. Long term, not a problem. What happened 5 minutes ago though...

    Stace

    ReplyDelete