Friday, May 24, 2013

"slave screams he thinks he knows what he wants"

Hi,

That's the first week back after a fab holiday. All in all, it could have gone a lot worse, so small mercies eh? It doesn't seem long since we were packing our bags for the big trip, and yet, it's half term for Wee Man and Little Miss already. Another week off? Larks, you've just had a fortnight, you jammy so-and-so's! :-)

I'm pretty sure I won't be taking any time off this week coming. I'm keeping it stashed for the next family holiday, so the Ever Lovely Mrs J (who seems to manage to save her flexi-time up - mainly as she works so very hard) will be covering. Oh, and no doubt Mrs J Senior may be assisting - as grandparents love to do.

It was Chameleons the other night and as way of a change, I just..... well, the T Force just wasn't there. Strange when that happens. I mean, I do like chocolate. There are many times when I'll be working and a little voice will say there's some Galaxy bars in the vending machine downstairs. I'm pretty sure only I can hear it, although I'm hoping it's more a sneaky suggestion, than an indication I'm either a) hearing Voices From Beyond, b) I'm a loon, or c) both of the previous. :-)

Anyhoo, choco-snaffling habit aside, there are times when you can just walk by a sweet shop and think: yeah, all very yummy, but I'm not fussed. So, it goes with being trans. Well, some of the time at least and this was one of them. I mean, Wednesday, I was thinking I could take it or leave it. Sure, I was looking forward to meeting with friends I'd not seen in a while, but the urge, pull, want - name your word - to go in Lynn mode just wasn't there. I packed a bag on the off chance I'd change my mind. Given that I'd only got one outfit in there, that should have really been the indicator that my heart wasn't in it ;-)

I was a little late home on Thursday and by the time I'd got some groceries and sorted the kids out for bed, it would have been too late for a trans grade shave and a shower. Not that I missed it. How odd eh? So, no fabulosity on Thursday night, just drab, but I was happy to meet up with friends and just chat. It was a quiet night, with just under ten of us at the Centre. We had two new folk pop along - Angela & Lisa - and conversation ranged from the usual (trans history / personal situation) to talking about music (how the breadth had changed over the years) and growing up. All good stuff.

It's a bank holiday weekend, so an extra day off. I just hope the weather picks up. We had the fire on again this evening and much as I'm not a fan of hot weather, I'm currently sat in a fleece and a hoody. Brrr! :-)

Oh, before I go, a quick note to say that Chrissy very kindly offered her story on Our Different Journey.

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: Happiness in Slavery by Nine Inch Nails ]

2 comments:

  1. Holidays always seem to be over too quickly, don't they?

    And yet... How nice is it when you sit down on your own sofa after getting in or lying in your bed the first night?

    Enjoy your extra day off. Seeing as we had ours last week I know I shouldn't be jealous. And yet... ;p

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That first night in your own bed, is there a greater luxury? If so, I've not found it.

      Today was rather good too. The weather behaved itself and much fun was had in the local park. Ah, summer memories.

      Delete