Friday, December 23, 2011

"I got me a car, it seats about twenty,
So c'mon and bring your jukebox money!"

Hello dear reader,

All ready for the big day? I mean, Christmas, of course, but if you're planning something else cool, good luck with that one too. :-) Here at Chez Jones, after many a long night at the kitchen table, I think we are there in terms of having all the gifts wrapped. I did find one skulking at the back of my Lynn cupboard (!) for Little Miss, but luckily that was a nice easy one to wrap up.

Unusually, the fridge isn't groaning under the weight of enough food for ninety people. This time around we've tried a bit more planning - as way of a change! No, this time, we've pretty much got all that we need and last week's shop means we've got the necessaries in. I do need to get some puddings in for Christmas Day - as the Ever Lovely Mrs Jones's parents will be joining us. That'll please the nippers.... assuming I can get them to sleep on Christmas Eve. :-)

I've fallen behind a bit on my emails - both personally and for the Chameleons group too. Sorry if you're waiting on one from me. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Honest ;-)

Last night was the last Chameleons meeting of this year. We met up for an evening of tea & mince pies. Given the frenzy that surrounds Christmas, doing something laid back was very much appreciated. I had deliberated over what to wear the night before. Oddly, Mrs Jones and I were talking about it as she packed the presents away we'd just finished wrapping up. Why are you taking more than one outfit? A good question and one I still can't answer. I think I go for the scatter-gun approach to dressing up. :-) I took two dresses - patterned brown wrap + pink colour block; separates - cute cardy + short black skirt; lastly a long line wrap cardigan and leggings. Oh, don't forget boots and a set of heels.... and a coat, but we'll come back to the latter. ;-)

I think it's because I'm never 100% sure which way my mood will take me. There is the odd occasion where I look at what I've brought along and thing 'meh'. It's rare, but it happens on the odd occasion, so taking extra items to mix and match is a way to hedge my bets. Take for example Thursday night, I'd gone with the idea of the patterned wrap dress and boots, only to decide on separates instead. Changeable, moi? :-)


Last week I'd almost run out of boob tape - or Zinc Oxide tape to be accurate - and so I popped into Boots to get some. This time they had in some new wide paper tape for injuries (!), so I thought I'd give that spin. Okay, it's not pain free after a number of hours, but certainly easier to put on and certainly more comfortable than the thinner ZO stuff. Also quite inexpensive. Please forgive the chest blemishes - make-up hides a multitude of sins! ;-)

Anyway, while getting changed I had a lovely long chat about music (of all things) with Alison, Amy, Maddy and Sue (I think I'm right with the last name). We're all different ages, so I found it interesting to hear what people liked and how the music they'd started listening to had changed. Certainly, there seemed to be a bit of a rock vibe to the tastes in question, but that seemed to alter as we all got a little older. Twenty five years ago, I guess that's the label the teenage me would have picked, but even back then, I couldn't resist a good dance tune... or some camp pop (Bananarama, Army of Lovers, Pet Shop Boys, anyone? :-P). I guess you can deny all you want, but once you're trans, long will it dominate your destiny. ;-)

After last week's visit to town and Maddy's talk about a Karaoke challenge, I was thinking about visiting the pub again. Yes, a bit naughty, but so it goes sometimes. It's a pain getting changed afterwards, but I was glad we made the effort. Sophie and I said we'd join Sam and company after we'd dropped Kate's car off at the hotel.... oh and after taking a few snaps with Val. Despite being a little late setting off, we were lucky with the parking. I did feel sorry for Sophie in her vertiginous heeled boots. :-) Hell, it's not like I was wearing flats, but extra care had to be taken navigating the hill.

Once inside, Kate treated us both to a drink and we settled down with the Karaoke song list. Chatting and jokes en shewed plus Gayna, Tayna and Sarah arrived. A song was picked - B52's Love Shack - and Maddy and I put our names on the hit list. A few moments later we were giving the song a proper mauling. It was a hoot and I think we both got into it. I'm not sure what the rest of the pub folk made of it, but there were enough smiles to go around. A little later on there was a draw - purely based on luck, not talent - to win a drinks voucher.... and we won! Yay! Free drinks for the Chams Massive!

Sadly, no luck on the aural vandalism around Fairytale of New York as I had to disappear just after midnight.... perhaps much to the relief of music lovers everywhere. I caught Gayna taking a few snaps, so I guess we'll see if they surface on Facebook. Oh and the lady who ran the Karaoke seemed to have a camera with her too. I hope those snaps don't end up on a Pop Music Hit list. ;-) All in all, a really top night and a wonderful way to see out 2010.

I'd just like to thank you for taking the time to read and comments on my ramblings over this past year. All that remains for me is to wish you a very merry Christmas and what 2012 has in store for you, I hope it's only good things.

Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: Love Shack by The B-52's ]

9 comments:

  1. "even back then, I couldn't resist a good dance tune... or some camp pop (Bananarama, Army of Lovers, Pet Shop Boys, anyone? :-P). I guess you can deny all you want, but once you're trans, long will it dominate your destiny. ;-)"

    Bah! I didn't like camp pop 30 years ago any more than I do now. But if you want dance music...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6TBQ0o_vYU

    Happy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonathan: An interesting track. Thanks for the link.

    Dance - proper dance? club?? - wasn't really my thing... I think the closest I got was certain pop acts (The Shamen, Apollo 440, 808 State) and some of the more synth based Industrial.

    Then again, I remember my Dad saying - as all Dad's do and no doubt I will at some point - "That's not dance music!" ;-)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas is just about sorted here. The presents are eco wrapped under the tree - we reuse the best bits of the tons of advert magazines that are delivered weekly to make our own wrapping paper.

    The food for the week is in the fridge. Starting with rib eye steak yesterday, shrimp risotto today and ending with a Jamie Oliver smoked salmon dish for boxing day before going back to normal food for the rest of the week.

    No Christmas day meal this year as we are at my in laws.

    The Christmas Cake is finally white (and even if I do say so myself, is my best effort to date on the looks front, no idea how it will taste though)!

    The mince pies are ready - though I still have enough home made mincemeat for another 30 or so!

    After a couple of months of cooking I think I can start to relax somewhat!

    Merry Christmas, and a very happy new year!

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn, really enjoyed your company again Thursday, and I should say, throughout the year! Thanks for everything (lipgloss included ;-) ), and lets drink to superstardom next year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stace: I love the idea of the recycled wrapping. That sounds very cool and rather random at the same time. :-) Merry Christmas indeed!

    Maddy: Aww, thanks Mrs! You too! I think we may have to wait some time for fame to come a-callin' LOL. Here's to a good Xmas and new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn,
    Very brave of you to post a close shot of your, erm, nice cleavage. 8-)
    Tape is a bit of a 'sore' point chez Penny at the moment. I've yet to discover one that works well and comes off cleanly. 8-(
    Let us know how the Micropore-type tape works. In my experience its not too bad, though the glue tends to remain behind and is hard to remove.
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny: Hi there! There are times when moobage is more a blessing than a curse. ;-) The tape's pretty good and comes off fairly easily. The only thing to watch out of is putting it on too tight. That way leads to ripping (goodbye faux rack!) or if you really overdo it, trapped skin. Ow!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always useful to have a back up when taking an outfit, wardrobe malfunctions, accidents or realising you've made a fashion faux pas.
    Carry on murdering the classics and hope you had a happy christmas :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy: Merry Christmas to you as well, my dear. Here's to a good 2012 as well.

    Lynn
    x

    ReplyDelete