Friday, October 07, 2011

"'til it's over and then,
it's nice and quiet"




Hey all,

Autumn seems to have arrived in the UK. I'll spare you the in depth weather report, but I will say this, I'm glad the Chams Massive went out last Thursday rather than yesterday! It really threw it down last night and today's been rather windy. Sure, cooler is better than too warm, but as Maddy commented over on Facebook, you don't really want to be chasing your hair down the street. :-)

So it's been pretty quiet of late and there are times when that's not such a bad thing. Work too has settled down and the Big Project is both on hold and just about back on track. The pause to stop and consider where we are is very welcome. It's allowed us to evaluate what's really important and delay / remove what's not. Sometimes I wonder if more activities at work would benefit from that step back approach. But, hey, what would I know? :-)

Although it is only October, the Ever Lovely Mrs Jones and I have started our Xmas shopping. Yes, it is very early, but we're trying to spread the cost and avoid too much of a long slog around town. We've bought a few things for the kids and little bits for our extended family too. Maybe this year, I'll start the wrapping up earlier rather than leaving it until the last minute.

With home life and work staying laid back, I've had a little more time on my hands than I'm used to. I've been able to catch up with my reading (Kindles rock!) and catch up with things I'd do if when I had a spare five minutes. One of them was start to add tags to my blog posts. It's something I'd thought of doing sometime ago, but like I said, there's other stuff that's more important. The main reason for doing it was to see which items popped out in the tag cloud. Chameleons features quite heavily, which I guess is to be expected. It is one of the main constants in this wee blog.

So... umm... that's pretty much it this time around. I hope things are good in your neck of the woods.

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: Oh So Quiet by Bjork ]

5 comments:

  1. Lynn,

    I just wanted to say thank you for your posts on my blog - you always capture my thinking well, it is appreciated.

    The chasing your hair down the street comment made me smile!

    I've been thinking for a while about going to a support group - but not 100% decided yet, does Chams welcome non-local outsiders? I travel A LOT! :o)

    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhiannon - go to Chams if you can. It was my first trip to a group and it was a very positive experience.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhiannon: Thanks for the kind words.

    The Chams Massive are very welcoming (not in a dodgy way!), so if you did pop along, you'd be made welcome.

    Penny: It was nice to meet you, Penny and that's for the endorsement! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never have got round to tagging my entries. Partly because i'm a lazy blogger and the feeling if I start then i'd have to tag the previous 200 entries.

    Christmas shopping, I may get round to planning for sometime in December if only the stores could have wide sections of their stores devoted to xmas stock for several months beforehand to encourage me to shop earlier. :-)

    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy: Yeah, it's a rainy day job, I think. The tagging that is, not the Xmas shopping. :-)

    ReplyDelete