Friday, April 29, 2011

"Nice day for a... white wedding."

Hello dear reader,

Unlike last week, I have managed to remember what day I usually post on. :-) With all these holidays, my internal clock is a little all over the place, but it's been so nice to have the time off. Easter, then Bank Holidays, a day off and today (of course), the big event itself.

Don't worry, I won't go into in-depth sofa-eye-view of Kate & Wills' wedding. The media reporting got on my wick a bit and if I'm really honest, sort of put me off a little. Still, sat on the sofa with the Ever Lovely Mrs Jones, we watched the church service together. Kate's dress was lovely and I wish them well. Talk about media spotlight. Still, take away all the pomp and ceremony, what you have at the end of it are two people who love each other and want to be together.

Mrs J and I did have a cackle at some of the hats and outfits sported by certain individuals. I guess we come back to that old adage of money can't buy you taste. Me-ow. ;-) On the upside, Samantha Cameron looked effortlessly stylish, Posh Spice looked very good and Camilla did her usual trick of looking respectable.

Am I big fan of the Royal Family? Well, I don't think I'd be lining up at early o'clock to catch a glimpse of a gloved hand, but I'd rather have them here than not. To me, there's something very British about having them around.

On to other news, I went to the Doctor's the other day, as it was time for a check-up on the old anti-miserabalist tablets. :-) Despite the dip t'other week, it has been pretty positive from February. Yes, I've felt the touch of Pinker Forces - a bit like the Tranny Force, but not in a nice way - but I'm hopeful it's just the old Black Dog pulling my strings. When I'm cool, I'm fine. Really. I'm reducing the tablets down to 20mg, so I guess we'll see what happens over the next few months.

That leads us on to a night out at Chameleons and usually for me (!!), I could not decide to wear. I have got a wardrobe full of clothes, yet I couldn't quite put my finger on what to outfit to go with. I think the shift in the weather from sunny, to cold, to sunny once again was throwing me. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :-) In the end, I packed a wrap dress, black leggings, pleated kilt-style skirt, cardy, four pairs of tights (including royal blue), white jeans and a purple top.

Luckily, I arrived early at Chameleons, so I had enough time to try a few things on. The tops didn't quite go with the skirt and it felt too sunny for darker colours. In the end, I went with the white jeans and heeled sandals (see piccie). I did forget my necklace, but I'm always a little worried that I'm overdoing the accessories. I guess this time, I was under-doing it, but hey-ho.

I had a really good chat with friends and by the end of the evening, I'd laughed so much my face hurt a little. I blame Sophie and Maddy for that. Oh, and Sam for being ambushed by an inanimate chair, but that's a story for another day. I passed (gifted?) Alison my magnetic earrings. Thing is, I never wear them because my wig covers my ears and she wears her hair back. A few people stopped to say hi and ask if I was okay and that was touching. That's one of the really good things about Chameleons, we do look out for each other.

Righto, that's me done for another week. Look after yourselves and I hope the weather stays good for you.

Take care,
Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: White Wedding by Billy Idol ]

7 comments:

  1. Yes, the wedding was so well done, I can't think of a way it could have been improved. I even loved the way Rowan Williams' hair went wonderfully wild when he took his archbishops hat off.
    My tactics were to avoid any of the coverage until Kate entered the Abbey. It worked, and I watched the whole service without yawning!
    Keep smiling, summer's on its way, and we may even get a sunny Bank Holiday Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see you again Lynn. Sorry for making your face hurt, but its good for you. ;-)
    Ah yes the chair, the inanimate objects are out to get you, you know.... ;-)
    Enjoy the rest of the holiday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really pleased that I was at Dev Days (MS developers conference) yesterday and so just had to live with the 15 minute news clips and some trips on-line to see the "interesting" outfits. Some of those hats were just plain wrong :)

    Glad to hear that you are trying to drop back on the tablets - I hope that it carries on going well for you!

    I really have to try and find some of those magnetic ear rings in Holland - I tried looking on Amazon.co.uk - but they only had in your face bling ones when I looked, and that is just really not me :)

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that sounds like a much better week! Good to hear it :)

    As for the wedding, meh. I'm glad for the extra day off, but I'm not fussed one way or he other about it. I spent yesterday crafting, and then I went for a walk with the missus. Very relaxing.

    Good luck in your battle with the black dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny: I did feel a bit sorry for both of them given how many rehersals they must have had.

    BTW, new avatar piccy? Very nice!

    Sophie: Good to see you too, mrs. I don't mind the laughter, it was the right hook that caught me off guard. ;-) Good luck with the mechanics :-D

    Stace: I think the highlights were probably enough. Shame you can't do that with some conferences eh? :-)

    The earrings were from Claire's Accessories. I don't know if they'll ship to Holland, but you never know!

    Pandora: Thanks, chuck. May I ask what crafts you got up to? More Owlbears? :-D

    Hmm... I wonder if you could attach a series of falls (is that the word?) to a hat to make a Great Cuthulu beanie hat for winter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I assume the inanimate object has been warmed as to its future conduct. :-)
    As for the wedding, a few seconds of Huw flanneling was more than I could take on the day, since then i've seen the odd image especially some womans rear which a lot of publications liked to publish.
    Lucie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy: Yes, the item was suitably admonished.

    I believe there is a Facebook page dedicated to the young lady's posteria.... or so I hear ;-)

    ReplyDelete