Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Dark clouds drift away to reveal, the sunshine"

Hi,

Straight off the bat, I'd like to thank those of you who were kind enough to get in touch last week offering advice or simply the question "are you okay?". I'm a lot better than I was last week. Phew eh? :-) Not to make light of it, although that is very much my way of coping with sh**, is to mock it. The previous week was not a good one and as I look back it at now - with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight - the return of the Black Dog was only temporary. Of course, when you're down in the murk, you can't really see  a way out of it. Perhaps some type of torch would be in order. :-)

No doubt the above episode was brought home by the Client from Hell and - unusually for me - working too hard. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.... Mind you, at least I didn't go postal and run around with an axe. Bright sides eh? :-D Client dealt with the project signed off, that's the last I shall be hearing from that Gingerbread House (and The Witch) for some time.

So what's been going on? Well... not a lot other than good stuff. The dark mood continued into Saturday morning, but playing with the kids in the park, ignoring the work telephone/email and not trying to do anything much, seemed to work well. The proverbial clouds rolled back and lo, the glorious spring sunshine beamed down at me. Chuck in a few early nights, some pleasantly long walks with the dog and I'm feeling much happier. Reasons to be cheerful eh?

Even the Tranny Force appears to be returning slowly. Not in a bad way, I hasten to add. I mean, in darker times - and I know others have said this too me - you can get a touch of Female Envy. That annoying little voice that squeaks why not me? when you see a fab outfit or a girl turned out rather nicely. Now, it's more a case of she looks good and I'm happy for her. Do you get this at all?

It's also the start of the Easter holidays and with a few carefully placed days off, that's extended the break rather well. Partly due to the Royal Wedding. The thing with the latter is I can't really get any excitement up for it. It's two people I don't know tying the knot. Good luck to both of them, but... no, I don't think I'll be watching. Cheers for the day off though. :-)

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: Dark Clouds by Space ]

5 comments:

  1. 'Now, it's more a case of she looks good and I'm happy for her. Do you get this at all?'

    Yep, I do. Also the 'where did she get that from' and 'can I pull that look off' thoughts. ;o)

    Glad youre feeling better Lynn. Big hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah work, the instigator of many of a bad mood. It's hard not to take 'work' home with us, so if we have a crap day/week/month at work it can spill over into real life.

    Being out in the sunshine does wonders for one's mood doesn't it :-)

    As for female envy.. sadly I tend to go more the other way (which is probably hypocritical)... I sneer to myself at their expense. Catty, bitchy.. most unbecoming. My tranny force is rather weak of late, and I can't say I'm concerned about it. I wouldn't mind if it went away & didn't come back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie: See also not saying "Oh, there's in Dotty P's" when your sister points out a dress she likes. ;-)

    Thanks BTW :-)

    Justine: Work, that four letter word that haunts us. I remember (cue Symphony for the New World) a w**ker - sorry, we call the managers now - saying "leave your personal stuff at the door." Well, maybe, but a) most employees are human and b) As Egon said in Ghostbusters, "the door swings both ways." Translation? I don't get paid enough to worry about your sh** :-D

    The summer time used to switch off the Tranny Force for me too, but of late - perhaps the last six years or so - that's no longer the case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes a work event can kill even the happyest of dispositions.
    Tranny force sounds like a good idea for a comic book where they fight crime in high boots and good foundation. But thats my imagination, mind rises, falls and occasionally spins at a strange tangent.
    Lucie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy: If you draw it, I'll script it :-)

    ReplyDelete