Friday, March 04, 2011

"Safely back where you belong,
And see how our love has grown"

Hey all,

Good week? Mine's not been bad thanks. This time around - and at the risk of sounding like a cod reference to Jesse's Diets - this week I have mostly been a single parent. Now, don't panic I don't mean that in a I-ticked-Mrs-J-off-and-now-she's-left-me kinda way. That would be bad. No, moreover that the Ever Lovely Mrs Jones was called away on business. A whole week without her. :-( Understandably, the kids and I have missed her, so the weekend can't come quickly enough as she's back on Saturday. Somehow the house is still standing and none of us have starved. I guess that's one advantage to the old Tranny genes; I may not be able to double park or explain the offside rule, but caring and catering come fairly easily :-D

It was rather odd being house husband once again. Sure, I had some help from Granny Jones at the start of the week, yet during the night, there was just me, Wee Man and Little Miss. The place was very quiet once they'd gone off to sleep. For a while, my sister was on her own and I really don't know how she did it all. I suppose in the old days (Ed: all of eight years ago) I would have been opening the dressing up stash every night. This time, not really. Sure, I did try a few items on, but that was mainly to see what had been languishing at the bottom of the wardrobe and what fitted / didn't fit. The shelves and hangers are a little less packed now. My loss, charity's gain. :-) Thing is, you can't keep everything and really, if I've not worn it for a good few months, it's time to let go and move on.

I met up with a friend for a spot on lunch and a walk around the shops too. Other than a good chat and a tasty lunch, no fashion purchases where made. I hadn't gone out with anything that I wanted in mind and at the mo, I've got enough clothes to be going on with. Maybe the chill winter breeze is keeping the idea of floaty summer fabrics at bay, yet at the same time, I'm not seeing a lot I'd like to part cash for. The shoes - other than a few wedges - where variations on last summer's cut out styles. On the upside, there was no rushing around and I didn't buy anymore black shoes. A first for me. What about you, is there an item, shop or style that you keep on buying?

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: You're Not Alone by Olive ]

6 comments:

  1. I hate it when Mrs Stace is sent away for a few days for work. We always spend 1/2 hour on the phone each day - but it's never enough is it?

    Well done on resisting the temptation - always hard isn't it :)

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stace: You romantic you. :-) You're as bad as I am. :-D Let's hear it for mobiles and open WiFi :-) No more walking in the rain to find a callbox to ring a loved one.

    Yes, I did manage to resist.... even a pair of flat boots which I rather liked. But really, did I need another pair of boots, especially with Spring around the corner. Is it only a bargain if you really need it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn,
    It's funny, once upon a time when I had a little time to myself I would glady put something, whatever I had. Having discovered how truly nice it is to dress up properly, those moments are just too short. Except, as you say, to check fit (or not-fit) and so on. 8-)
    Actually time being short applies to most things, sorting out the iTunes library, fixing plumbing... so I guess this particular hobby is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about you, is there an item, shop or style that you keep on buying?

    Well, I've long had a weakness for satin PJs myself (indeed, the first item of women's clothing I ever bought for myself - twenty-odd years ago now - was a lovely pink pair), and have probably amassed at least a couple of dozen pairs, if not even more! Having slept in them for so long now, I don't think I could ever go to bed in anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Items I keep buying? Sadly its just boring staple items like t-shirts, leggings though the odd party dress appears often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy: Oh but a good pair of leggings can work wonders. With or without a party dress. :-)

    ReplyDelete