Friday, January 07, 2011

"Pack up your troubles,
Get your old grin back."

Howdy,

Back on to the grindstone eh? Ahh, that first week back at work. While it was good to catch with workmates, I can't say I relished the early mornings. Well, I say early, but to me, any time before 10am I class as early. Too much of a night owl I guess. Hopefully your return to work - maybe it was earlier? - hasn't been too fraught.

I think I'm getting back into the swing of things. The collection of Xmas choccies is slowly disappearing, clearly that's not helping the extra curves (Ed: she means fat) I seem to have developed. If my backside gets any bigger, I won't need the padding at this rate ;-) Sadly, the weight seems to go on my stomach all too easily, so it's back to a brisk lunchtime walk and trying not to eat everything in sight. :-) Oh the vanity eh?

The holiday break was just what me and the Ever Lovely Mrs Jones needed. Both of us are fully rested up and it was great to spend so much time with the kids. Okay, I did think when's Nursery open again? just the once, but that was more as we were running out of things to do. I think the kids were happy playing with their toys (or baking in the case of Little Miss), but they do need a bit of run-around-time. Time outside to blow the proverbial cobwebs away and get them to burn some off that energy they seem to have.

Next week will be a meeting at Chams (yay) and rather oddly, it seems like an age since I was last there. I've given Boots a call with some meeting dates, so hopefully something will be happening about a make-over evening at the end or the start of next month. Fingers crossed eh? The first one - if I can say this - went down rather well and was enjoyed by the tranny massive and the Boots staff.

Maddy was talking about a trip to Pinks and while I fancy it, my social calendar is pretty packed for weekend stuff, so I that's sadly a no. I'm meeting some on-line friends - you know the sort, people you've known for years over telephone/t'internet, but not met in the flesh. How weird is that? Anyways, we're having a meal somewhere in the midlands... seeing as it's, umm, in the middle :-) Hopefully that'll go well. Some of them know about my extended wardrobe already. Not that I'll be going in glam mode. I think that might be a bit much LOL. Besides, I don't want to put them off their food. :-)

So how about you folks out there? I know I've had on-line friends slip into the real world (mentioning no names). You had that too or do you keep on-line and real world separate? What about trans and straight friends? Mix and match or twinset & pearls? Actually, did that last line make any sense at all?! Best stop now. :-)

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: Pack Up by Eliza Doolittle ]

3 comments:

  1. Back to? I only had two days off - not having the alarm go off at 5:40 was wonderful! Monday was a nightmare - I woke at 3:30 and didn't sleep again. More thna one person in the office commented that I looked like crap (always nice to hear!)

    I'm slowly giving away the Christmas goodies - if i eat all that we have I think I'll double my current skirt size...

    Meeting up? I'd love to meet up with some of the people that I've met online - shame that that English Channel gets in the way. Ho hum.

    All the best,
    Stace

    And in answer to your comment from last week:

    'Beste Wensen en gelukkig nieuw jaar!' Or something similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a lot of people. I guess mixing straight and online friendships is a total no no like not crossing the streams in the Ghostbusters films.
    For me the lines have blurred over the years.

    Glad you've plenty of events during the gloomy Januaryland, have fun.

    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stace: "You look like sh**." Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. :-) I guess I was lucky in the amount of time I managed to spring over the Christmas break. It was rather good ;-)

    I've no idea how a big tranny meet-up would work. Probably syncing it with a night at Pink Punters would do it. Hell of a thing to organise tho. :-)

    Lucy: It is a bit gloomy at the mo? I can't believe how dark it is when I get up.... and it's not like I get up early; just early enough for the school run.

    Other than getting in contact with Boots, the group's inbox had a message from a Body Shop sales lady. Something else to add to the list!

    ReplyDelete