Friday, January 28, 2011

"No Time, Never Got a Thing to Wear"

Hi,

While we're not out of winter just yet, the lighter mornings are enjoyable. A touch bracing perhaps, but it's light, yay! Lots of folk seems to be enjoying the brighter evenings, but personally, I like it dark around 6ish. I dunno, for me at least, there's something a little bit magical about the night. Sure, summer's fun, but dark night holds something else that a warm summer evening doesn't. Still, that's one of the good things about living in a temperate climate, we have seasons. Okay, a lot of rain, but seasons none-the-less. :-)

It was Chams the other night and although we had nothing special planned it turned out to be a packed evening. A few new faces popped along - which is always good - and despite slashing my finger open, carrying a chair of all things, all went well. (Ed: how Rock & Roll is that? :-P)

I got there early and put the chairs out as per. It only takes a few minutes and it means no-one else has to do it. After that, upstairs to get changed. This time around was I was in the mood for feeling a bit more glam than usual. Plus, I had my presents from the Ever Lovely Mrs Jones to try out. A eye & cheeks palette from Clinique and a spiffy new bracelet. Not sure if you'll get a photo of said look as in all the confusion, I clean forgot my camera. Luckily Sophie and Val were on hand to save the day. Thanks ladies! :-) Seems the pattern on my tights has fallen victim to the flash. Perhaps a bit more Photoshopping is in order :-)

The other day I was lucky enough to get a five quid voucher from Boots, so that made a new nail varnish - summer pink! - a bargain. That was a rather nice pastel colour and I've noticed that Coke are giving away a free nail varnish (from Nails Inc) too. I don't drink it, but I know Mrs J does, so perhaps something for each of us eh? :-)

Maddy and Bobby gave me the rundown on the trip to Pink Punters. Sounds like they had a really good time and it was cool to hear they enjoyed it. There was talk about going up to Leeds later next month. That's not too far for me, so I'm considering going. Somehow a group of us ended up in the kitchen talking complete comedy nonsense. Conversations about man gifts ("mifts?") for Xmas and computer games from yesteryear (Amstrad CPC anyone? No? Ask you dad :-D ) I don't think I'll be risking looking for 'trannytube' on the interwebs though. :-)

Come the end of the evening it was time to pack away and get changed. As we did so, Maddy or maybe me - I'm not 100% sure - observed that were else would you see a group of chaps removing their make-up and stood about in their smalls? Oddly, I feel completely at ease with the Chams massive. I can't say what it is, as normally I'm a bit shy over anyone seeing me in my smalls. Hell, it's not like I've got some Adonis physique to show off, in fact, the more clothes on the better! :-D But jokes aside, there is level of friendship and perhaps understanding that's missing from other relationships. Maybe it's a 'no secrets' gig. Friends here know me as Richard / Lynn and it's a complete non-issue. All good and things to be grateful for eh?

Give or take a few days, it my sixth year of going to Chams (see here and try not to laugh at tranny lyric cliche number 4 :-D ). Not that maths is one of my strong points. :-) Bar that first meeting, we've been at the current venue for all of that time. Lots of people have walked through those doors. Some have stayed, many have passed through, but what's cool is a number have gone on to become friends. If you're reading this and you're not out and about, if you do get the chance to visit a social group, please do take the chance. You never know what the future might hold.
Take care,
Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: Got the Time by Anthrax ]

2 comments:

  1. Mmm cpc464 colour? I wonder who might have had one of those? Programming in basic Madame?
    Mmm Mmm?

    That was a lovely bracelet Mrs J got you. You sooo lucky. :o)

    Twas a good evening with much sillyness and japery. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie: LOL. Small address range? Tape loaders? Rowland's jumpers as goalposts... marvelous. ;-)

    It was, as you say, a very full evening with much japery and all round good fun.

    Thanks. Mrs J has good taste with bracelets. I was very chuffed opening that on Xmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete