Friday, December 31, 2010

"I'll rip it up to shreds and let it go."

Hi,

How was Christmas? I hope it went well and if you were with family, that it wasn't too much of a trauma. :-) Things went well here and the planning over early Xmas shopping - not to mention the speedy wrapping - all paid off. The Ever Lovely Mrs Jones did rather well, by her own admission, not mine. Wee Man was all made up over the amount of Lego he got and Little Miss? She was happy playing with her toys too. Throw grandparents into the mix and a good meal and really, I think we did pretty well.

On the present front, Mrs J surprised me with some early gifts. "You'll have to open these on Xmas Eve." They turned out to be some rather nice - and non-male - gifts: a pretty bracelet, some Clinique Take the Day Off and a eye/cheek set too. All very pretty. Wow. I was pleased as punch with those. Honestly, and maybe this sounds overly dramatic, but I'd always hoped that one day, I'd get such gifts at Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful of items I receive.... but these? They are more special to me as I think it shows that Mrs J is okay with this side of me. And yes, I did spoil her rotten in the present presentation. But then, what are wifeys for, if you can't spoil them once in a while? :-)

Funny how dates fall eh? My last blog post was Christmas Eve and here we are a week later, on New Year's Eve too. Well, subject to when you're reading this! :-) 2010 has been a bit of an odd one. A few ups. Certainly some rather unpleasant downs - speaking personally. Yet, looking back, it's not all bad news. Sure there are government cuts, but both Mrs J and I are still employed. The kids are doing well and our parents - considering their age - are also ticking along.

It is, of course, the end of a decade too. I won't go into a huge long list of what's kicked off. I'm sure you had your own personal histories that mean more to you than what I'll prattle out. ;-) I'll leave the media to pick over the bones of the last ten years and, to be fair, they'll make a better job of it than me. :-)

if I look back at the start of the decade, I was nearly 30 and only a few years married. Skip forward ten years and now we're a family. I don't mean this as a crowing exercise, more a case of feeling how lucky I am. I hesitate to use the word 'blessed' because you know me and religion. :-) Unlike that closeted guy I once was, I'm able to be open with those close to me. I get to go out - in Lynn mode - and just enjoy life. I've had the good fortune to go clubbing or go on social evenings. Events I'd dreamed about when I was young and really, I thought would never happen. I suppose it may sound shallow if you look at the idea of living for one social event to the next, but it's not that. It's a balance: I enjoy guy stuff too (just not sport or cars) and the tranny stuff is the other side of the coin. It's a chance to express all sides of me, rather than having to lock a portion of me away and keep it hidden. I think most of us know that's a right pain. :-)

I've got a great bunch of friends from Chameleons and there's you guys here in the blogosphere too. It all helps and it all makes it worthwhile. I find purpose through it and while it's been tough on occasion, pushing on - rather than giving up - has paid out massively. Sure, there have been some dark times, but we all have to walk through the sh** once in a while. So long as you learn from those events, are they always a bad thing?

To close, good luck to you all for the future and take care!

Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: When I Grow Up by Garbage ]

8 comments:

  1. Dear Lynn,

    There is no crowing in saying whats so, really, so it is nice to hear you tally up the good, look the not so good in the eye, and then look happily ahead.

    Mad jealous (but really, more happy) about your lovely gifts too.

    Wonderful new decade to tout le Jones Massive.

    All the best,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you and your family!

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean, except you have expressed this much better than I did. Even a similar pressie experience! Hope the new decade treats you well. (PS good lyric too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Lynne, and I hope the black dog has found a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year Lynn, to you and yours.
    Nice touch from Mrs J on the pressie front. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Petra: Despite the odd shadow here and there, I prefer looking at the bright side of life. :-) Is that a song? :-D I think counting your blessings is a good thing as it makes you appreciate what you've got. Happy New Year to you and yours too, mrs.

    Stace: Fingers cross that 2011 will be good for you. I thought about looking up a dutch version of the saying, but what if I got it horribly wrong? LOL

    Claire: Thanks for the kind words and congrats on the pressie front too. Let's hope 2011 is good to all of us eh?

    Alex: Thank you, Alex. I think the thrown stick may have stuck to the back of a passing lorry as so far so good. Hope to see you soon!

    Sophie: Happy New Years to you as well, mrs! Quality pressies indeed, although she did do rather well on the fashion front.... and in the footwear department earlier in the month LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A happy new year. Hope 2011 will be great for you, and those fabulous gifts get many outings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy: And to your goodself too, mrs. Ooo, outings. I can't wait! ;-)

    ReplyDelete