Friday, November 19, 2010

"Still looking for answers if only one,
Turn my back the urge has gone."

Hey all,

I remember Monday fairly well. The journey to school, packing bags, wading through work emails. After that, everything seems like a bit of a blur. Not a drunken or robotic loss of memory, just... well, this big rush and then I found out it was Thursday. I like my time at work to go quickly, but maybe not quite so quickly! :-)

Funny, but as a kid, you'd be sat in your least favourite lesson - Maths, no French... no, most of them if I'm honest - and how the time dragged. A whole 40 minutes of being sat at a desk. But now? Forty minutes is just a good kip or a ride home if the traffic's bad. I wonder what it'll be like when I get to 60? Will I shut my eyes after reading the paper - or iBrick / eInk / stone tablet - only to find it's time for the Antiques Roadshow? Bah, iPods. I never liked them back then either! ;-)

What's been happening on Planet Jones then? Well, I do seem to be going into housewife mode at the moment. Yesterday I was beavering away in the kitchen... well, not so much gnawing through a tree to build a dam... but baking. I did say I liked baking and as it's Children in Need this weekend, Wee Man needed some suitable themed cakes / biccies to take to school to sell on. A quick mix with the necessary ingredients and one bag of brightly coloured sweets later, I was done. Tired, but done. It was worth it for his big grin the next day. Oh, and the Ever Lovely Mrs Jones and I had to test them. Strictly for quality control purposes I must add ;-) The Big Night is going off as I type, so I hope (if you're UK based) that you've put a few pennies or pounds in the collection boxes here and there.

I picked up another batch of anti-miserablist tablets from the doctor's today. Not that I've been back in the dumps. Wherever the Black Dog has run off to, he (or she) seems to have stayed from my door and I can't say that's a bad thing. I did have a touch of gender jealously this morning - if that's a term. I was sat waiting in the waiting room and I saw an old friend. She was dressed very nicely and for a mo, a little voice inside peeped: "Why not me?". I know the answer to that. The answer is, you can, but not with all the things you enjoy now. Priorities. Truth is, I don't have it so bad. Not when it comes down to it. Sometimes a little more femme time - if that's not an appalling use of the English language - would be nice, but equally, I kinda like being a bloke. It's certainly a lot quicker to get ready in chap mode.

I tell you what though - and on a clothes related note - I had to dress smartly for a do at my parent's place the other week. Shirt and tie. Okay, not exactly high end formality, but how it rankled. I really didn't like wearing it. Funny, for years I'd worn a shirt and tie to work - okay, not just a shirt and tie - you can get arrested for that ;-) But over the past year or two, I've stuck with jeans and various casual tops. Wait? tops? I mean t-shirt. Sorry I forgot men don't wear 'tops' - that's a tranny thing again. Doh. :-) Where I work, we don't see the public very much and perhaps when the Black Dog turned up... I kinda gave up really. I just ditched the plastic corporate image and stayed casual. Are corporates plastic? No, I meant I was.

So the do was done and I got changed before going home. As we drove back, I did wonder why I had disliked the style so much. It seems a funny thing to get your knickers in a twist over. Still, it was short lived and no great shakes. In other news, I've had a TXT from the Avon lady trying to organise our deliveries and I think, we're just about sorted for the Xmas Do at Chams next week. Well, I say sorted. I've still got to decide what I'm wearing. Trannys eh? :-)

Hope things are going well for you. Whatever you're up to!

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: The Island, Part I by Pendulum ]

4 comments:

  1. Hmm Gender jealousy, I think i've been getting that of late. Specifically nice dress and boots at work jealousy. ;o)

    Glad to hear you are well, hopefully see you on thursday then.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie: Yes, the *ahem* joy of fancy gear of the new season and yet we're strolling around in jeans. Still, only a few days before the party. What to wear, what to wear?

    See you Thursday, mrs! [[]]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching the Antiques Roadshow when you're 60. I'm wondering if they'll be makeing it in 35 years time :-)though I also wonder where some weeks fly by.

    Glad the Avon event went well

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy: Assuming the BBC survives that long - and I sincerly hope so.

    ReplyDelete