Friday, November 05, 2010

"If you only knew what the future holds,
After a hurricane comes a rainbow..."

Hi folks,

How's things? All good I trust. In my neck of the woods? Okay now, but the start of the week... well, I think I had to prepare a spare bed for the Black Dog. Irksome so-and-so, he'd moved in over the weekend. Why I've not idea, maybe trans stuff or maybe just a slump in the old brain chemistry. I wish I knew. :-) Still, plenty of work and some good laughs with the Ever Lovely Mrs Jones and that sent him packing.

I've just got in - hence the later than usual post - from a very nice meal with Mrs J. Not so good for the waistline, but certainly very good for the soul. While we ate and talked - not at the same time I add, this wasn't McBurgerFC ;-) - there was the crackle and whizz of fireworks outside. All rather good to be honest. Oh... and while we talked about Christmas presents, it seems I may be lucky enough to get some trans things this time around: maybe jewellery or some new eye make-up. That I do consider a real treat. It's something we'd talked about once or twice, but it never happened. Guess we'll see what Santa brings, but it really made my night.

In other news, some of you may have noticed the It Gets Better Project that's been running on YouTube in the States. For those of you who've not heard of it, there's a series of videos from LGBT folk to LGBT youth... with the statement of the project It Gets Better. At least, it was LGBT folk imparting that while life sucked here and there as a teenager, it did improve. I think it's cool to see a number of non-LGBT folk getting in on the act. I hope that it'll drive acceptance onwards and kids who aren't the same as everyone else - no matter what or who they are - can feel good about themselves.

I think it'll be a while before I pluck up the courage to get all dolled up and film anything. I'd like to, but at the same time, I want to get over whatever is rattling unseen in my own head.... otherwise, I'd feel like I wasn't being 100% honest. To contradict that, it does get better. I'm not alone and 99.9% of the time, I'm cool with being trans-something-or-other. I've got a wonderful family and good friends too. 'Straight' friends and trans friends. My social circle includes lots of different people and for me, that works just fine. Certainly a world away from what I worried about as a teenager.

So, on that jolly note, I'll see you in a week. Look after yourselves.

Take care,
Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: Firework by Katy Perry... which - bless her - Mrs Brand dedicated to the IGB project. ]

5 comments:

  1. I think that this is a great project - though I'm surprised that there hasn't been more about it in the news... Or maybe it has been and I've just been blind...

    Glad that you managed to show to black dog the door. Just try to make sure it's bolted to keep him out :)

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get what you wish for this Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stace: I can't say I watch much of the news, so I'm probably out of touch. That said, I think the American media may be picking up on it and I wonder if a similar thing over here would help people too.

    Alex: Thanks. I hope so too.... and I don't mean a BigTrack either ;-)

    BTW, thanks for sharing that link about Twin Spirited People that really struck a chord and made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. video, hmm, I seem to remember having some of you dancing...
    ;o)

    Good news on the christmas pressie front then.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie: No need to post that. Don't we want to project a positive image for the next gen? :)

    Fingers crossed on the Xmas pressie front. I find the idea very touching. I guess it can't be easy for Mrs J.

    ReplyDelete