Friday, September 03, 2010

"No alarms and no surprises please."

Hiya,

Today's post will be a little bit all over the place. Sorry about that. :-) I don't have any topic for discussion, no news to break and really.... I don't feel I have much to say. I would like to stress that this isn't a 'poor me' post, more a I-haven't-planned-anything post ;-) Things are fine here, I guess I'm just tired, but I'm looking forward to the weekend (a big family visit).

What's been going on? Well, truth be told: not a lot. Certainly nothing particular transtastic or earth-shattering insights into the trans mindset. Ho hum :-) Earlier in the week (to use a popular phrase of mine) I was at home working. This was a way of saving my holiday, getting a load of tasks out the way and having time to keep an eye on Wee Man. It is almost the end of the summer holidays and I think he did very well keeping himself entertained while I shuffled the mouse around and bashed at the keyboard.

While I did get a fair few things out of the way - including a few telephone conversations I needed to have with customers - Wee Man was my only human contact that day until late evening. To be honest, I don't think I'd like to work from home all the time. Much as our office can be noisy, I think I'd miss the company of my work mates. No wonder new mums have so many coffee mornings! :-)

Anyway, that's me done for this time around.

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: No Alarms by Radiohead ]

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    I agree with the human contact thing. The other thing with working from home is maintaining the work/home balance thing.
    Speaking of human contact, are you going to Chams on thurs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie: You're right about the work/life balance, but normally it's a case of lots of home and not so much work :) Still, as long as I'm getting all of my tasks done, does it matter how much I'm at my desk? Presenteeism - discuss? :-)

    Chams? Oh I hope so! You too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I plan to be there, could give you a lift if you like. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie: Thanks for kind offer, but I've a family visit prior Chams. Maybe another time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No probs. Hopefully see you there then. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie: Fingers crossed! I've got my bag packed... with one or two outfits ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home working has its upsides and downsides the biggest plus point was that the only commute was from the bed to the little office area (via the kitchen for some coffee) as for human interaction it depends how much you like your work mates and customers. :-)
    Hope you enjoyed the time with the wee man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy: Yes, the short commute certanly has appeal. That and the option to road test an outfit here and there between calls. :)

    I had a lovely time with my son, thanks. While he did entertain himself for most of the day, he did keep popping up to show what Lego models he'd made, or what drawings he'd been doing.

    ReplyDelete