Friday, September 17, 2010

"If the days they seem to fall through you,
Well, just let them go..."

Hello,

How's things with you out there in the wide, wide world of sports? All good I trust. Compared to last week's rather large post, this one will be a bit shorter. Well, I say that, let's see if I get a special delivery from The Muse ;-)

The start of the week was not so good. No bad news or anything, but again, another drop in the old brain chemistry. Not the complete drop and inability to function level of badness, but not that pleasant either. From what I could tell, there was nothing bothering me per say, I guess it was just one of those things. Still, you ride it out: keep busy, do things with the kids, get your head down. My mood got gradually better, although maybe that's due to it being the end of the week and not long from now, I'll be a year older. The Ever Lovely Mrs Jones commented that I'd slipped back to my less-than-happy self and we talked a bit about it. In a good way I should add. I'm seeing the doctor this Monday for a check-up appointment and I also got a letter from work about the Counselling Team confirming some dates in October. It might be a bit of a wait, but there are other folk in the queue and considering I'm not having to pay for this, I won't complain. It's just a statement of fact.

So, another year older? Well, it's better than the alternative, LOL :-) There's nothing planned and I'm fine with that. Much as I like a party - see previous Chams party nights - there are times when I prefer a low key event. With a spot of luck, the Jones Massive will invade a local restaurant and provided we behave ourselves, we may even be allowed back another day :-) I think birthdays are a bit odd as you get older - and hell - I wouldn't consider myself 'old'. It's just a number right? Does anyone feel old at all? I have a few very minor aches and pains - and I stress the word minor - but other than that, I don't feel that much different to being 28. Turning 30 was fine, I found 25 more of a shock. The big 40 isn't that far away and the closer I get, actually... I don't know. Maybe that will be more of a surprise? I guess I'll see.

Wee Man is back at school and he's doing well. Funny, there's something about the September weather than always reminds me of school. It's that odd change between the seasons. Some days it's very warm and very summery, other days - and it's usually early morning - you get a taste of the chill to come. I'm enjoying the cooler weather and as the nights begin to get darker and the weather cooler, so fashions are shifting as the season turns. I've yet to see anything I really like, but time will tell on trends and maybe the Fashion Fairy will sprinkle me with a little magic dust. A girl's got to have something cool for the next BNO in October.

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: The Universal by Blur ]

16 comments:

  1. From what I can recall of my own 40th dear Lynn, it is actually quite fun.

    Keep active, get the most out of the happy times, make light of the less than happy moments, and you will look and feel younger than the odometer indicates.

    Looking forward to hearing of your fall fashion finds. We colonials are always a stride or so behind...

    Happy (early) Birthday.

    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooooHoooo, when I feel heavy metal, WoooHoooo and I'm pins and I'm needles.....
    Sorry you set me off on an Albarn moment.
    Yes, it is just a number but if you've reached three figures, then perhaps you are allowed to be old. However, on a Friday night, nobody's old. (Although seeing your teenage daughter go to the "disco" does add a few years!).
    Now pass me that tartan rug, and a glass of warm milk. I need to watch "Midsomer murders" before I go to bed....Not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped caring at 30... That was my hardest birthday. At 20 you are in your twenties, midway through Uni and still not a real adult. At 29 you are still in your twenties - and so you are still connected to those days.

    The day you turn 30 they are gone. 30's are first mortgage and real life rearing it's head (rather more than I had counted on 12 months ago).

    But... 31 is no different to 30 (and I feel the same about 40 TBH) s I had a really bad birthday 4 years ago, but those since have been fine.

    Plus, except for a bit of pain in my knee's and seeing injury a little more, I don't feel any older than when I turned 18 :)

    Happy birthday anyway!

    Stace

    PS Sorry for the ramble ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petra: It just a number, right? :) Ta for the birthday wishes and your advice sounds sound.

    Claire: LOL. Ooo, a glass of warm milk and Being Human on t'telly ;)

    Stace: Ramble away! This is a blog after all. :) I don't feel older, I just take longer to get out of bed in the morning... but that may just be laziness :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40? I remember that like it was, err, last year in fact. ;o)
    So when is it, and do I need to get you a card? :oP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie: Forty? No way!

    The Big Day has been and gone. A kind offer, but save your pennies for the BNO and/or cakes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strangely, 25 was more of a shock for me than 30 (which was itself a pensive affair). I think 25 was the end of childhood - college was done, work was underway, marriage was starting. All those carefree, life is a party moments were splashed with a dose of adult cold water :)

    Happy Birthday love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vanessa: Thanks for the birthday wishes, Mrs L. I do know what you mean about 25...

    Personally, I kind of expected things to be sorted by then. Thirty? Well, it was just a number after that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. can you be more specific on BNO?
    Will you be at Chams on thursday?
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sophie: I think the BNO date is Friday, 8th October. There's some more details on the Chams Forum, although Gayna seems to be main instigator.

    Chams? Oh aye. Still can't decide what to wear tho! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time is a great healer - lunchtime doubly so...
    Or have I got my quotes mixed up?
    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny: LOL. So a long lunchtime is just what I need then? :-) Excellent advice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Number is but an age or someting like that :-)
    My 30th didn't signal some instant metamorphosis to some comfy slipper mortgage holding no more clubbing person. It seemed to be just a milestone for others

    Belated happy birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucy: So I keep saying, but my head doesn't quite want to believe it. :) Ta for the birthday wishes - belated or not. Yeah, slippers and a night in... sounds good LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What can I say....this is so dreadfully tardy...

    Happy Birthday, Lynn!

    Calie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Calie: No worries, Mrs. It's the thought that counts! :)

    ReplyDelete