Friday, July 09, 2010

"Press the button to eject from the cartoon frame of mind that won't connect"

Hiya,

Let's start with some good news eh? I'm feeling much better than I did a few weeks ago. I guess, and unlike the song, the drugs do work. ;-) The doctor did warn me that there may be a little dip, due to chemistry, about mid week and I think I've hit that yet kept on trucking. Good times.

I suppose the cliche is 'coming out from under a cloud' and while I know a little about coming out (Ed: groan), for me, once the tablets had kicked in, it was more that I woke up. It was quite startling. I mean, just walking through the supermarket, my memory of what we needed to buy was there; I took an interest in what we were doing and no-one was annoying me just for the cardinal sin of being where I wanted. I know it's early days, but I do feel that I've got my calm back. I no longer feel disconnected from the world and I'm back to my usual unusual self. It's a good place to be. :-) I'd like to say a big thanks to those of you who offered a shoulder to lean on or a listening ear. I won't name you publicly, you know who you are and I hope that's enough.

In other news it was time for a visit to Chams. As per, I got my bag packed the night before and again (Ed: not that she's predictable) I had two outfits ready to rock. This time it was my wrap dress (from yesteryear), footless tights and my heeled sandals. I felt rather comfortable, despite the warm weather and everyone was in good spirits. Taking the dress out of the bag reminded me of earlier visits to Chams. I mean, the dress was one of the first items I bought when I started coming out to the group and, perhaps as you do for favourite items, there are memories associated with it.

The evening rolled on and we hung the backdrop up - thanks Dunelm - for a few snaps. Sure, I had my mug taken, but it was nice to be able to offer that to other folk. Val, Adriana, Maddy, Gayna and Pat all stepped up. Talking of Pat, we had a little Bring & Buy going on and her new wig looked great.

Oh, the Pulp Fiction pose? Well, you have Sandy to thank for that brainwave, so it's a break from the norm. There are also some ones from outside too, the trusty seat at the top of the field, but there's only so much space for snaps (yay FlickR!). Talking of which, I tried the bird's-eye-photo-from-a-chair routine with Adriana (see below).
Tracey and Sandy mentioned that they'd dropped into Boots the other day and the staff were thinking of visiting us again. I think that would be a great idea, so I need to get my finger out and try and sort out some days. Boots were kind enough to say they would do one on site - in store - and while that's a good offer, I think we'll get more folk to one done at Nuthall. I guess we'll see what Boots can do and what the group wants.

Next time around it's the Summer Party, so I'll have to pack my dancing shoes and cross my fingers for some cooler weather.

Take care,
Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: Eject by Senser ]

4 comments:

  1. Delighted dear Lynn to hear that all is trending well.

    Thanks for the lovely news.

    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe, drugs always wor... Oh, er... You don't mean..? No, I guess not. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased you got out from under the cloud!

    Enjoy your summer party :)

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petra: Small, but steady progress. Somethings are not best to rush. :)

    Carolyn Ann: No, not those ones. Although somedays I do wonder if they are related in some way. So far I've managed to avoid strobe lighting and music that goes 'werk-werk werk werk-werk-werk' :)

    Stace: Ta. I'm looking forward to the party (natch) - I mean, what to wear and what to dance along too? :)

    ReplyDelete