Friday, July 16, 2010

"One life with one dream on repeat.
I'll escape if I try hard enough,"

Hi,

How's things with you? Stuff here is... is better than it was. The earlier part of the week was not so good. Oh arse. I was hoping not to write about this type of stuff because it's all rather negative isn't it. Rough with the smooth I suppose. :-)

I think that's the difficulty with a blog. Okay, they say 'write about what you know', or in my case, perhaps what's going on on Planet Jones. I guess the down side of that is that when it gets rather personal and heavy going, it doesn't really make for fun reading. But equally, life isn't all smiles and happy stuff. Some days things don't go so well and you just have to make the best of it. Plus, there are only so many times you can say "there, there, there" without it sounding like you're stuck in a loop - ditto from this side of the screen :-) I don't want to write about being upset or unhappy.... Really, I just want to get back to feeling normal.
So, taking about feeling normal, there have been some good points to the week. Firstly, the mad panic project at work wasn't a mad panic. No-one "crossed the streams" so we're all good. Any IT work that doesn't involve a full restore and hoping the back-up tapes hold out is a win in my book. ;-) Wee Man did well on his School Report and he had a great time at his birthday party a few weeks ago. Little Miss, I can't believe how much she's grown up. She's on her way to being 3 and both her - and her brother - are a delight to take to the park. I think it's the reckless joy they seem to have. The Ever Lovely Mrs Jones is hanging on in there, she's been there for me and I don't know what I'd do without her. The weather's also taken turn to a more traditional British summer - as in, it's raining. So good for the plants, water supply and it's no longer baking hot. Good stuff.

For those of you who went to Sparkle, I hope you had a good time and I've been reading the posts about it here and there. Did I miss going? Yes and no. 'No' because if it was important enough to me, I'd push and make the effort to go. But, being a Dad, I like my weekends with my family and being away for the whole weekend would be too much. I guess I'm a cake-and-eat-it kinda guy. :-) Besides, that weekend felt far too hot to be glamorous. :-) So a nice to have, but I guess if you don't know, you don't miss out on it.

While not quite in the same as the Sparkle event, there's the Summer Party next week at Chams. I'm looking forward to that and with a bit of luck, the weather will remain cool and it'll be a good one. Stuff to look forward to eh?

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: Mowgli's Road by Marina and The Diamonds ]

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    re sparkle, it really was too hot and rarther spoilt things, so I dont think you missed much. I only went to see friends, but it would have been good to have you there.
    At least you avoid the dreaded 'Sparkle come-down'

    ReplyDelete
  2. The news sounds fine m'dear and very glad here to hear it.

    I am with you on dressing for a hot weekend, better to lie in wait for a day that you can really enjoy.

    Enjoy the weekend with your lovely thriving tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean with the bad news. I've stopped myself doing a couple of posts because I wanted my blog to be a little more optimistic than it has turned out to be recently...

    The good news certainly sounds good, I love taking my niece and nephew to the park, as you say the reckless joy is wonderful to watch. Until one goes too far and the crying starts :) I imagine it's even better if they are your own children (the joy, not the crying!)

    IT work that doesn't end in a full restore... I've gotta say whilst it does mean something bad has happened if you reach that point, trying to think amid a panic when some of the people are running around like headless chickens shouting about the apocalypse is one of the things I love about my job - thinking on your feet makes all the girl fog vanish and all nuerons start firing as I wish they would the rest of the day :)

    Have a good weekend,
    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie: Too hot? Yeah, I guess that wouldn't have helped and going to see friends must be a large part of it. Ta for the kind words, BTW. As to missing the 'come-down' I certainly won't miss that :-)

    Petra: I think it's a case of baby steps - maybe I'm expecting things to be right quicker than they should be. But, ignoring the dark clouds and just engaging, it's been a good weekend. Lots of stuff done around the house and with the kids. All things to be happy about.

    Stace: Yes, the crying. Not so good, but then there are cuddles and hugs and then it's all better. I think I get what you mean about the pink fog and work. I such a moment about a month ago - a large system had crashed and there was - as you say, 'headless chickens' from some staff. Don't panic, I know what it is and how to fix it. Smug, maybe, but I think I earned my paycheck that day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be tricky -- sometimes I do feel as if I have to file away my feelings when I sit down to write because of the nature of my blog.

    When I'm in a rough mood, I find that writing a post or two may lift my spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica: Really? I got the impression - perhaps wrongly - that's yours was as much a diary as anything else. Albeit a rather witty diary :-) I find writing helps. I think it's the concentration on 'stuff' that breaks the loop and gives a welcome relief to what's going on in your head.

    ReplyDelete