Friday, April 23, 2010

"So you might as well be here, where the people care..."

Hiya,

Earlier in the week

Some weeks I start my blog posts way before Friday. Sometimes there's something I want to talk about or a point I feel that needs to be made. Other times it's a case of something to do - an exercise in writing for no reason other than the fun of it.

I had had a few thoughts tucked away for this post, however, having failed to write them down, they have floated off into the ether. So it goes sometimes.  With luck, they come back. In a way, I like to keep an idea in my head and turn it over, like the sea would a pebble, until the rough edge have been worn smooth. Then again, most of what you're reading comes live and direct from my head straight into the keyboard - if there is a such a process, I'm fairly sure it varies from week to week. Still, this is a blog and I never promised quality nor quantity... although I have fallen into regularity. If that's a word :)

The Ever Lovely Mrs Jones was off on business a few days ago and as such, I took the time to assemble a few ideas for the coming visit to Chams - which by the time you read this, will have been and gone. With summer approaching, I'm experimenting with jeans / trousers. I don't know if it's a fashion thing, but of the two pair of leggings I own, they don't fit properly - at least in my mind - around the ankle. They seem... too lose. Not an issue when you're wearing boots, but with ballet pumps or heels, it alters the look somewhat. Perhaps it's back to footless tights? Hmm....

Later in the week

With the magic of television, we skip forward to Friday :) Post-Chams is different. My skin feels better, perhaps it's the moisturising effects of my foundation or the whole cleanse/tone/moisturise routine that follows coming home. My feet are emitting the odd squeak (Ed: not literally) of pain after an evening in heels and my lips feel different to what they normally do. For the last few nights out, I've skipped on lippy and gone with a lip-gloss. The latter I got from Clinique and I love it: it stays put, feels good, colour's great too - what's not to like? :) Do I mind the very minor foot pain? No, not really, in some ways it's a little reminder of what went on. A bit like when you get home from a long walk and while your feet may twinge a little, there's that good feeling of having been somewhere. Not that I recommend trannying and hillwalking at the same time - it seems awfully drafty up on the moors (Ed: t'moors?)... and you'll wreck your stillies. :)

The AGM went well and we had a pretty good turn out too. I took a laptop along and did the minutes. I suppose in some way I'm keen to catch the history of the group. Talking of history, Sandy & Tracey both said that they ended up trawling through this little blog to help them remember what we'd all got up to. See, it's not all me-me-me :) Weak jokes aside, I'm glad that it was useful - I know I've flicked through older posts, so I had something to put on the what goes on part of the Chameleons Web site.

I won't bore you with the full ins and outs of the meeting. The minutes will go on-line later on and I'll put a link to them when they do. One item of interest is that the group is seeking funds from Self Help and if that goes to plan - fingers crossed - it'll help take the worry away over meeting the rent each month. Fund-wise, we're not doing too bad, however, Sandy was saying that ideally we want to keep enough people coming through the doors to ensure we're not dipping into the group's main kitty.

After the AGM I had a chat with the unusual suspects and - of course - a stop for a photo call too. Oh and my previous plan of skinnies, pumps and a top didn't feel quite right on the night. So on went something else instead - yes, I do pack a spare outfit. :) In an effort to return the favour to Sophie and reduce my shoe collection (Ed: that didn't work, 2 new pairs this week, 1 pair out. Do the math, Lynn), I'd brought along a pair of black suede heels (I'm a sucker for that style). Anyways, they didn't quite fit, but they went instead to Alison's misses (whose name I know, but won't pass on). "How do you walk in these things?" she joked. How very true!

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: Galvanise by The Chemical Brothers ]

13 comments:

  1. Its at this point I feel I must appologise for having smaller feet than some. I did like those shoes, but they just wouldnt stay on. :o(

    Thanks for the pics btw. Some on the way back to you.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie: Hiya. No, please don't apologise. Your loss was someone else's gain... oh wait, that doesn't help does it. :) I guess we'll have to put it down as just one of those things.

    Thanks for being camera wizard the other night... I hope the piccies were okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. piccies were lovely Lynn. Much better than mine. Think that was due to flash not going off. Oh well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hav known all week what my next blog post was going to be. Until I opened a new pos window. Then nothing.

    Isn't the human mind a wonderful thing :)

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie:I'm glad you liked them. It's annoying when you get photo fail. Ta for taking the snaps this week, BTW.

    Stace: "If I only had a brain..." :) Yup, I know that feeling. Still, you seem to be doing okay so far! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou :) - but I've stared at an empty window soo many times before giving up and just deleting the entry and trying again later in the day / week...

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stace: It can be like that can't it. You stare at the prompt, rattle off a few words and then a couple of paragraphs in, it doesn't ring true or just feel right. CTRL A then DEL. Cue a good strong cup of tea and some window staring before starting again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've looked at a empty post box as well many times.
    Good luck with the funding application.
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy: What did Hancock* say about the blank page? :) Actually, Tony Hancock, not Will Smith for our younger reader(s). :D

    I'll pass on your luck to those doing the do - Sandy and Jayne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah loose ankled leggings.. I know that only too well. A girlfriend from many moons ago told me skinny ankles are the whole key to 'sexy' legs. No matter what leg shape you are, as long as the ankle is thin & well-defined you're onto a winner. Except, it seems.. with leggings. I have that problem too btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Justine: It seems the only time where having 'cankles' pays off. :) Strappy shoes, no; fitted leggings yes. :)

    I did manage to find some though. The local branch of Outfit had some in - in Evans of all places. Still, if fits, buy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's the thing about blogging, eh? You never know when inspiration is gonna strike! I keep something with me at all times to record my blog post & video ideas.

    By the way, you look adorable in that photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica: Maybe that would be worth doing. I could really do with a spot of creative energy right now :)

    ps: Thanks for the props. :D

    ReplyDelete