Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Outside watch the world go by,
Inside time stands still as I wonder."

Hey all,

The last few days seem to have gone by in a bit of a blur. Time has revved up and stood still. Work-stuff, home-stuff and trans-stuff all floating around at once. What do I need to do? What to wear next week? Where am I going next? I think I'm over the jet lag (Ed: I should think so too, lazy mare), so I'm back in the groove of stumbling out of bed after another late night. Perhaps turning in pre-PM would help, but never mind eh? Apologies for the lateness of this post. I arrived home on Friday to find that our Internet connection was dead to the world. Oh well, I guess I'll be catching up with my reading then. :) Roll on WiMax and/or fibre to the home I say. :P

[ Update: Our connection is mostly fixed. Some speed issues, but a slow connection is better than no connection. ]

Day time has been a bit of a rush between meetings at work and running the kids to day care. The Easter holidays are just about over, so we'll be back to the School Run next week. Easter-wise, things went well over the long weekend. We managed a trip to a local castle as it's not far away and the grounds are big enough (and safe) so the kids can run around, climb about and generally let off steam. All good family fun. Today, Mrs J and I tool the kids to a park and the weather was perfect. A wonderful blue sky with clouds like white wisps of candy floss and just the right amount of sun to make it warm, but not hot. To top it off, we had ice-creams all round. Yum. :)

Trans-wise, not a lot to report other than I managed a spot of late night shopping the other night. Nothing hugely exciting - other than groceries - but I did spot a nice pair of black jeggings for a good price. They went in the basket after a quick try on. I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite in that I like to work 9 to 5... actually, ideally it would be 11 until 2, but the pays not as good. :) But moving on, I like my evening and weekends to be at home, not work. That said, I'm happy to stroll into our local supermarket at PM to buy this, that and the other.

Thursday night rolled around quickly and it was off to Chams for a chat with the TG folk. We didn't have anything special planned, just an evening of good company and conversation. I opted for my ditsy print dress, heels (mais oui) and the new jeggings. I've had the heels a while and they have a studded detail on the strap and back of them. I'm not sure you can make it out of the snap. Oddly, that studded look keeps coming and going... or at least it does in the magazines I read. Not bad for a pair of shoes nearly 3 years old. Still, it's good to have something you can keep wearing.

Later on, Sophie was kind enough to offer me a pair of knee boots and that was an unexpected surprise. She'd taken a gamble on the size, but found that they didn't quite fit. Her loss was my gift, but she stubbornly refused to take anything for them (Ed: We'll see about that. :P ) I also met a new visitor - Penny - and had a bit of a chat. Rebbecca popped in later in the evening and we caught up. She also told me about the Trans-living weekend she went to and the hill running she managed (the latter clearly not in trans mode).

Next time around, in 2 weeks I think, we'll be having a meeting. I don't remember the last AGM but the forum has the details. Given the rises in costs, the group has been searching out grants or other such funding. As part of qualifying for it, we need to have a constitution. Sounds fancy, but I think we'll get it sorted by the end of the evening. The attendance fees have gone up to just under a fiver, but I still think that's good value. We've talked about moving to another location, but really, I like where we are and I think we would be hard pressed to find a venue as good as the one we've got. It's private, the car parking is excellent, we've got the run of the place and... it's starting to feel a bit like home. Not home as in you can kick your shoes off and put your feet up. But the Centre has a certain warmth of welcome. That and maybe a sense of history - although that may only be in my head. Talking of history, I may amend the Cham's website to include some of the stuff we've been up to. I'm hopeful it will give new folk an idea of what we get up to. Well, other than dancing naked around a bonfire, but to be fair, that's only when the moon is full (Ed: and the stars are right?)

Anyway, an evening out with friends for under 5 quid? You'd be hard pressed to get a pint and park at night in Nottingham for that. :)

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric My Delirium by Ladyhawke ]

9 comments:

  1. The top picture is fantastic - you look like you are having a whale of a time.

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots are definately more you than me. Lol. (or has Mrs Jones appropriated them? )
    :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stace: Thanks, it made me chuckle (again) when I saw it. No idea what was going on. I think someone - Rebecca or Sophie? - had said something glib.

    Sophie: Again, thank you very much for the boots - very kind of you to pass them along. Mrs J has tried them on - and liked them! - but while she looked fab, she found the heel a bit high. Women eh? :) [/irony]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that means they are ALL YOURs ;O)
    Perhaps I could find some for Mrs J with a lower heel. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so good to meet you all at long last. Chams is such a nice group - it's a pity that I live such a long way away, but here's hoping to see you all again in the not too distant future.
    All the best,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie: Mine? Mine! Mine I tell you! Muahahaha *ahem* :) Thank you for the offer, but I think we're short on cupboard space as it is. Perhaps you need to start an eBay shop? :)

    Penny: Yes, you too. We don't get many visitors from afar and I'm glad you managed to make the journey. Do keep your eye out for any upcoming events - you never know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great in that picture. Good luck sorting out the finances and grants and such. :)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy: Hi - nice bear BTW and thanks for the kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete