Friday, February 05, 2010

"My brain is not damaged,
But in need of some repair"

Hiya,

All good? I hope so. I'm a bit tired at the mo, but hopefully a cup of hot tea and a sit down will fix that. Sometimes, it's great to be British. No need of Redbull or Pro Plus, just a few quiet minutes and a hot beverage. :)

This week has been - dare I say it (Ed: dare! dare!) - fairly quiet. Quiet is not necessarily a bad thing. As a friend said, you get to take stock on what's come before, to look back and enjoy the memories. I caught up with a few emails, messed about with Flickr and made a few changes on the group's website. I also had a wade through some of my own history: a brief tour of my old posts. Somethings I don't remember, others very well. Maybe that's part of the fun of keeping a blog (or diary), to jog the slowly slowing neurons of what has passed before.

Anyways... on with the show... :)

That said, both the Ever Lovely Mrs Jones and the nippers have not been 100% this past week. A dose of some bug laid both girls low - that's Mrs J and Little Miss - I may be a tranny, but I don't classify myself as a girl. :) Wee Man shrugged it off very quickly, so he was spared. Good for him. By some strange quirk of Fate, I too dodged the infected bullet and got away with just looking after them both. Still, that's what husbands and dads are for right?

On an aside, when does it stop being a girlie night out and become lady's night out? Answers on a postcard to the usual address... :)

Caring dad/hubby duties over with, slowly but surely, everyone returned to full health. Yay+ ! :)The week rolled ever onwards and it seems the only break in the routine was when I met up with a fellow blogger for a spot of lunch and a chat. 'M' is sometimes in my neck of the woods and it's not too far to pop out, grab a sarnie and talk about this, that and the other. Cake was nibbled, sarnies scoffed and coffee & company enjoyed. I've just got an email from M and that did perk me up some.

The only bit of vaguely related tranny news were the boots sported by one of the mum's on the school run. Most folk are understandably jeans + boots or work-wear. One lady had on a pair of calf height lace up boots (with a half folded turn up at the top). Okay... Plus chrome stiletto heels.... and.... teamed with black fishnets. I'm not saying she didn't rock the look, but even I thought it was a bit much for dropping the kids off. I wonder what she does for a living... and how much her feet hurt? :)

It's Valentines soon and while I've got a card stashed away, I do need to pop into town to get a present. Just something simple and I've got a few ideas. Now why is it that the small things seem to cost the most? How did that happen? :) Of course, it would be rude not to pop in to New Look and check out what's new wouldn't it? :)

Take care,
Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: Modern Way by The Kaiser Chiefs ]

6 comments:

  1. God bless the School Run Mom - see the joy she brings, even at the expense of a pinched toe or a chilled knee-cap. Selfless girl that.

    One is never over dressed. Just under appreciated.

    Glad all is well. Very English weather here in Dixie. Can I send it your way? Please?

    Nice weekend to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...chilled knee-cap...

    Heh. :) Yes, been there myself - obviously not literally, that would set the tongues awagging :)

    Oh, one can be overdressed. But I think it's best to gloss over those incidents. :)

    English weather? Clap cold or wet & windy? It's gone cold over here - well, I say cold - someone from Norway or Canada would no doubt be out in shorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The school run reminded me of someone in my office last week. I came up with the definition of a skirt that is too short...

    If you are walking around holdng onto the hem of he skirt constantly (and thus drawing attention to it even more) then it's too short for you.

    To be fair I've seen others with shorter skirts, but they wore them with a lot more confidence, and drew a lot loss attention to them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stace: Personally, if you can't sit down or stoop in the skirt without worrying about your undergarments, it's too short :)

    Saying that, I was reading the paper today that minis are back in. I know for some of us, they never went out (LOL), but it's nice to be accidentially on trend :) There was me thinking of long top + leggins for Thursday too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were minis ever out? :-O

    I'm more of a frock person myself.. I put that down to being absolutely useless at matching skirts with tops & vice-versa.

    I think as far as daytime wear goes though, it's a case of self-esteem. Too little & folks turn out in scruffy trackies, no makeup & unkempt hair.. though there is something quite cute about those Juicy Couture velour tracksuits sometimes... I know. I AM ashamed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justine: For a lot of folk; no never :) Even in the depths of winter, I see the ladies of HR holding their coats as close to them as they can. :)

    I like dresses, but I find that with skirts I can alter the look with a different top, boots/shoes or tights. Your mileage may vary, as some say :)

    Juicy? I know some who can do it, but I'm not one of them. Good luck to you if you do. :D

    ReplyDelete