Friday, February 26, 2010

"He's walking around,
In this dress,
That she wore..."

Hi,

How's things? All going well I trust. Today I had the good fortune for a day off: just me and Little Miss with the run of the house. There goes the neighbourhood! :) Some father daughter time. As I write this, she's having a much needed kip after a morning of running around in gleeful abandon. That level of energy and joy that only small kids seem to pull off. Me? I'm recovering from trying to keep up with her. Still, cheaper than the gym and much more of a laugh :)

Chameleons came and went yesterday evening. It was a packed night, not so much with any particular event, but the number of people who made the effort to come along. Much as I like the events, or a small number of folk to talk to, the busier evenings are good too. Someone said: "you're quiet tonight." It's true, I was. I was just enjoying the moment really. Enjoying watching others have a good time. Other than watching, listening too. Sure, I can talk for England, but there are times when it's good to zip one's trap and listen to what others have to say.

The usual suspects where in residence and it was great to catch up with them. Talk shop about this, that & the other and generally have an evening of banter. I did plan on wearing my new shoes, but they seemed to slip about about a bit once I had my tights on. Perhaps they'd be best barefoot and with skinnies? Hmm. Something to plan and look forward to eh? I dunno, a tranny in trousers, whatever next! :P

Outfit-wise, it was a repeat of my hippy skirt and in an effort to break away from black, I went for a blue vest, the wrap top Mrs Jones treated me to and pink tights. Somewhat neon, but hey, I like to mix things up when I can. Besides, the fashion glosses are pushing 'nude colours' at us like crazy and I'd like to get a bit more 'on trend' dressing out of the way while I can. The shoes are New Look (who I think do the best shoes) and the hidden platform makes these very comfy. Maddy and Steph were kind enough to do the photographic honours and, natch, I did the same. And before you ask, I don't know why I'm waving my arms about like a loon either :)

I would say what is it with trannys and photos, but I joined a fashion forum the other month and it's not just us who do it. Well, I say 'fashion', it's very high street. I don't have the budget nor the interest for the high end stuff. I leave that to the professionals :)

Take care,
Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: Pretty in Pink by the Psychedelic Furs ]

13 comments:

  1. I love the look Lynn, and the arms articulate joy in a way that even the tights cannot.

    And thanks for The Furs lyric. Must go blow some dust off an aging disk or perhaps even a cassette.

    Enjoy the weekend ...

    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! You really do pull of that "look". Looking good!

    Calie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your fitnes routine :)

    And yes, yet another great look. Well one :)

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petra: LOL. Typically, the photo I end up using, is the one in which I'm acting the fool. :) Cassettes... so many kids today would not know what you (or I) are on about :)

    Calie: Thanks mrs!

    Stace: I'm not sure how to take that comment! :D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time Lynn.
    I would have been there, but still full of cold. Not a pretty sight. Lol. Anyway, sounds like you deserved a break from hyperactive small people. :oD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie: I did thank you and I did wonder where you'd got to. Sorry to hear about the bad cold, I hope you start to feel better soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call the police - someone stole the 'D' from my keyboard.

    They seem to have replaced it overnight though...

    Stace

    (Make more sense now? ;P)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stace: LOL. Yes, it does now! Call the cops? Now I'm having a Happy Mondays moment. Step on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. like the kitchen fitter said, 'youre twisting my melamine'.
    (runs and hides).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't think of any more Happy Monday related puns so I'll just complement you on your outfit and wavy hands :)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sophie: Push the button! :) It is work safe!

    Lucy: No, I ran out of them too... puns that is, not hands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hee hee. My manager does the actions as well to my bad jokes.
    Drum roll please. tshhhhh. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sophie: Now there's a proper use for a smartphone ;)

    ReplyDelete