Friday, January 08, 2010

"Sometimes, yeah, I still pretend"

Hi there,

In true Brit fashion, I can't stop myself from mentioning the weather. We've had a lot of snow... for Britain, I should add. Those of you from more Northerly climes will no doubt be muttering lightweight and chuckling. :)

To be accurate, *some* parts of the UK have had a lot, but by some small stroke of meteorological luck, our neck of the woods got off lightly. (Ed: don't speak too soon!). Sure, the roads have been a bit scary in places, but in the main, it's not been so bad.

Ummm... Not too much to report this time around... heh: now I've said that, maybe the Muse will strike and I'll be off on some lengthy post - you never know :)

So far I've missed the sales. That may be good for the wallet, but not so much for the wardrobe. A few days ago I was in town with a (male) work colleague and I did pine a bit when we had to walk by the sale rails to go to the meeting. :) There are a few party dresses and some cute shoes about, but I don't need another party frock and shoes... I'm sorted for heels right now. Maybe I should risk something brightly colour and kitsch for the summer. Sparkly red or blue for a change? :)

While in town, I spotted one young lady - although perhaps for different reasons than my friend - as the lady in question had on heels and a short skirt that would make a tranny blush. "I know what you're thinking," XXXXXXX said. I doubt it. I was thinking: how did you make it down the icy hill in those shoes, and, aren't you cold love? :)

On the upside, The Ever Lovely Mrs Jones treated me to a very cute wrap cardie in the sale (Bless her!). Let's hear it for Mrs J and on-line shopping eh? Hopefully that'll arrive in a few days and I can pass the time in the car thinking what I can team it up with. Talking of on-line I saw a very cute pink jumper dress in New Look, but as I've got a few items I've yet to wear, I didn't invest.

I've been catching up with more walks at lunchtime and although it's been cold and snowy, I feel better for it. My legs were aching yesterday from the exercise, but I'm feeling a bit trimmer and - conversely - less tired than when I loaf around.

Talking of loafing around, I'd popped around to visit my parents towards the end of the holidays. Mrs Jones had taken Wee Man to a friend's house, so Little Miss and I went to visit Granny. LM had scratched my eyebrow when I picked her up, not maliciously, just one of those things. Of course, Mum noticed it and then asked: "Have you been plucking your eyebrows?"

"No," I lied and laughed: "This wee monster just caught me." Nothing more was said about it, but - obviously - the worry rattled around my head for a bit. The truth of it is yes, of course and I've been doing so for quite a while. I'm a tranny remember. Why do you think I took my sister shopping this month? I've never had thick brows and a bit of careful shaping goes a long way. I just need to remember not to over do it.

There was just Mum and myself - Little Miss may be chattering, but lets face it - she's not going to understand some conversations :) As I sipped my tea, I thought about telling the truth - as way of a change :D But.... either cowardice... or perhaps more honestly, respect for my Mum's right not to have to know, won out.

You see - and as I've mentioned on this blog before - I did tell her way back at the end of the 80s. Skip on a few years and after my one and only purge / attempt to 'go straight', a handful of years later, I told her I'd thrown it all away and stopped. Thing is, and rather obviously from this blog, I'm very far down the cross-dresser path.... it's like the road to enlightenment, only there are more shoe shops, larger closets and there's more glittery stuff. :)

Where was I? Oh yes, walking another path. I am much happier this way. The odd trip out, a loving/understanding wife, tranny friends, wardrobe space, and, yes, this blog too, are all positive elements. On the subject of being married - to this day, I'm sure my Mum (bless her) confused being trans with liking chaps (go figure). To tell her again? My Mum being my mum, she'd only worry and really, I don't think her life would be any richer in knowing the truth. For that reason alone, I decided not to say anything and instead we watched Little Miss build a block tower and cackle madly as she tipped it over.

Hopefully what snow is left - although more is due this weekend - will melt in time for Chameleons next week. Crikey, it's been a month since I last met up with everyone. Now, what to wear? :)

Take care,
Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: Every Day is Exactly the Same by Nine Inch Nails.* ]

PS: Well, it was that or something to do with snow :)

6 comments:

  1. Eyebrows. Hmmm yes. Been there, sunday at the parents could be interesting depending how pink/red my face is after laser tommorrow.
    You and I are the same on the do I tell them situation as we discussed at the christmas do.
    Nine inch nails? I think youll need a bigger hammer. :o)
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can be a burden knowing can't it? There are a few people I haven't told about this side of me, because I think it will worry them, or cause them undue stress - my Dad for one. He's not well, and I think he was always a little disappointed I was bookish and intellectual rather than manly and tough.

    On the other hand, I forget how lucky I am that my Mum is the supportive and understanding type. I was able to come out to her in my teens, and since then, the cast-offs ahve gone both way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant *It* can be a burden. Shame there's no edit button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. but I don't need another party frock and shoes

    tsk Ms Jones, comments like that and you'll have your licence revoked...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie: Hmm indeed :) Oh the vanity eh? :) Good luck with the laser stuff - I hope you don't flare up too much.

    Pandora: Funny, I read that as 'it can' first time around. Parents eh? :) Did you find it helped being out to her?

    Jess: LOL. I still have a purple dress, 3 tops, some leggings... and... umm.. two skirts that I've yet to wear. :) Oh, that doesn't include the new cardie either. Ooops. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've managed to avoid the sales too, although that's more to do with having no money than actual will power. We've had the snow pretty bad my way.

    ReplyDelete