Friday, January 29, 2010

"The looking glass so shiny and new,
How quickly the glamor fades"

Hiya,

How's things with you? All good I hope. Dirty stop out that I am, I was out trannying once again! That's once a week for the last 3 weeks: I'm feeling rather spoilt. With all the fun and games of late, and to be honest, I was in two minds about going through the whole rigmarole of getting changed. With Little Miss dropped off at Granny's house, I wasn't far away from Chameleons, so off I went and got dressed up. The evening outfit was boots, sparkly cardy and the mini-skirt I got last month. Not my usual length, but I thought I'd give it a spin. :)

I'm glad I made the effort as the evening was one of pleasant surprises. Firstly, we had quite a few folk turning up. The familiar faces (mais oui! :D ) and it's nice to catch up with folk. I also had a chat with Sophie and Alison over Pink Punters - that was fun.

Later on two ladies from Hot Hair turned up and they'd brought a number of wigs with them . A few people tried them on and really, a good wig is well worth it. Nothing makes an outfit like fancy hair. I'd say 'syrup' but that may be a bit to gor blimey Mary Poppins :D (Ed: Syrup of Fig = wig for our overseas readers. See also 'irish jig'.)

Sarah tried a blonde one on and that was such a change in looks - she looked great and yes, she did buy it after some serious thought. Tracey had brought some of her home collection along with her and was given a trim. That did put some life back into the cut. We had some new visitors too. One lady was Maddy and she was understandably rather nervous (we had a little chat upstairs). But, bless her, she toughed it out and ended up leaving with a new wig and had her make-up done too. Not bad for a first time out eh? :)

We do get quite a few new people coming through the doors. I think the New Year and dark nights may have something to do with it. Maybe it's a Resolution thing, but people seem to push themeselves to get out around this time... I know I did :) Looking back, I've only been going for 5 years or so and I guess I don't really remember how nervous I was when I stepped out of the changing room back at Pond Hills (the old meeting place for the group). Maybe that's why I keep a blog, to look back and enjoy some of the past events.

No matter how many new faces I see, either with that person in male mode or otherwise, it never ceases to impress me that they've managed to overcome The Fear (tm) and make it through the door. I think it's one thing to dress up at home or even post piccies on-line, but, it's quite another to transform yourself and then go and talk with your peers. Sometimes fear is there for a reason, but if in this case, it's only there to hold you back - something to overcome and enjoy. :)

Come the end of the night, Val had brought along a few items - a sort of mini-bring and buy if you will. There was a pair of red patent 6" heels - good grief! Talk about tranny bait :D Steph grasped the nettle and proved she could walk in them. After much laughter of how dangerous they looked, I gave them a spin too. Geez, they were high! I'd don't wear shoes that steep and I felt like I was always falling foward. I quick stroll around the room didn't help dispel that and the height meant I had to take very small steps. Very odd :)

As Maddy had her make-up done, I asked and then borrowed a blonde bob. None of my family are blonde. Well, truth be told we often start off blonde - almost platinum - but then go darker as we get older. The colour change was a surprise and while it was fun to see what I'd look like blonde, I wasn't 100% over it. As Sophie said, the style wasn't really me either.

Time ticked by and it wasn't long before it was time to get changed. Glamour off, guy stuff back on :) All in all, a very good night out!

Take care,
Lynn


[ Today's lyric: Rabbit Heart by Florence and the Machine ]

12 comments:

  1. Hiyas Hun.....thanks for the mention, it's a lovely feeling to see my name in lights.....However....What Lynn fails to mention is that she was natural in those massive heels...she strolled around the room with a natural grace and confidence that made my wobbling look silly.
    Hugz Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph: Hello there Mrs S! :) It was great to catch up with you last night and have a chat. I hope things are picking up - you know what I mean <<>>

    Ahh, flattery will get you almost anywhere. :D Not sure about black opaques and peep toe shoes! My tranny sense is tingling - but not in a good way :)

    PS: I've got a photo of you to pass on. Check your email :)

    Lynn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn - delighted to hear the year is starting off at a great clip. Nice to get a little ahead of the game and bank up a few extra happy memories.

    No surprise you are a nimble doe in the towering heels. Must agree with your tingling fashion sense 'bout the opaques though.

    Enjoy the weekend m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well as I said, you do look good with your existing hair style and colour.
    Got the pics you sent me, and sent yours to you.
    Take care now.
    Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petra: Make hay while the sun shines! :) I guess doing the vaccuuming in heels has helped :D

    Tights + peep toe was (I think) a trend a while ago. Not for me tho. Too damned fussy :)

    Sophie: Thanks chuck! You got the pics? Excellent! I'll let you know when the others arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn,
    It's good to read the regular drip-feed of stuff on your blog. Keep it up!

    p.s. Hot Hair do some very nice wigs. It must have been great to have them come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny: Hi. Thanks for the kind words. I put the drip into drip feed :)

    It was good of them to come along. Sure, they made a number of sales, but the two ladies in question didn't have to give up their evening to do so. They also went that extra mile in doing a spot of make-up for a few of the new folk. Good stuff indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... Is it possible to walk in heels that high that the heels themselves are slopping forward!

    Kudos for being able to strut your stuff in them.

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Know what you mean about forgetting the 'fear' of going out. I had my first night out nearly 2 years ago (although been going out regularly for less than a year) and it all seems so natural now. Can only vaguely remember feeling utterly terrified stood behind the hotel door not quite believing what I was about to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stace: LOL & thanks. Somewhere I think there's a woman who can kick the perfect penalty, but always wears flats. Somehow our DNA got swapped about :)

    Emma: Is it repetition or confidence that kills the fear? Whichever one it is, it's weird being able to walk into a place (dressed up) and not feel out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Know what you mean about not feeling out of place. For me I think that it's the confidence factor. I've been lucky in having very little trouble in the way of funny looks etc. Each 'perfect' trip gets the confidence meter up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emma: I think that things that may have knocked your (ones?) confidence in the early days, can now be shrugged off. Evolution eh? :)

    ReplyDelete