Friday, January 22, 2010

"I gotta feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night..."

Hi folks,

With apologies to the Blues Brothers:

It's 85 miles to Milton Keynes, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of mints, it's dark and we're wearing dresses.

Hit it.


:D Film quote damage aside - and what a film that is... Hell, I'm thinking about putting the packing to one side and starting up the DVD. Oh the dilemma! :)

*ahem* Where was I? Oh yes. It'll be a scheduled post tonight as - with a little luck - I shall be winging my way along the M1 towards the Angel's 10th Anniversary Bash. I sort of know where I'm going, although my map reading skills are not the best in the world. I think it's mostly south :D Logistically it's going to be a bit tricky, but maybe the Fates will smile and it will all go well.

My travel bag is packed and it seems to have been a long time since I've been out and about like this. Realistically, though, the last time was the Harmony do back in November 2008. Man, has it been that long since a Big Night Out? Jeez. How time flies eh? I guess that regular visits to Chams keep me sane (Ed: LOL!) and the parties we keep throwing are good for the soul... if not so much for the feet. :)

I really hope tonight is going to be a good night. Maybe I'll get to meet up with a few fellow bloggers. That would be cool.... oh, and there's a dance floor. Apparently :P

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas ]

5 comments:

  1. Have a blast! Looking forward to the post-weekend analysis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it was a good night and the direction of South was correct :)

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was great to meet you!

    Apologies for being slightly stand-offish, still haven't entirely managed to rid myself of the shyness after all these years! Combine that with a memory for names like a broken sieve and it can come across as rudeness. :-)

    Oh, and you're one of the people I forgot to mention on my blog post just now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you there Lynn. Hope you enjoyed yourself and got home safely. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petra: Thanks, honey. We came, we saw, we shook our collective booty :)

    Stace: (Chortle). Luckily the sav-nav sorted it. How many roundabouts are their in MK? Did they get them as a job lot or something? :)

    Becky: Hi there. It was cool to finally meet up and say 'hi' after all this time.

    Stand offish? No, I didn't get that vibe. Forgot already? Well, there's an edit button if it gets that bad :)

    Sophie: I had a great time. I hope you did too. I trust there were no outfit issues later on. :)

    ReplyDelete