Friday, July 24, 2009

"We are the crowd,
we're c-comin' out"

Hi folks,

Normally I start my blog posts early in the week. I like to mull over what to talk about, particularly if it's a little involved or I need to get my head around what I'm going to say. Some weeks though - and this is one of them - I don't have a particular thought to get down on paper (so to speak).

Back in the day, I used to blog like this all the time: live and direct from my head to the keyboard. Although, of late I've been starting the posts earlier. Giving them a bit more thought in case I run dry of ideas for Friday night.

Today, as I'm at work right now using everyone's top wordy processor: notepad. I'm lucky I'll remember to get the spellchecker will get to cast its electronic eye over this before I hit post. :-)

While I should probably have my mind on work right now (it's 10.43), a few folk have nipped off for coffee and I'm thinking why not strike while the Muse is hot? Wait, that doesn't make any sense at all does it? :-)

Party on, dudes!

Nothing like a good night out with friends to put you in a good mood eh? Yesterday we had the annual summer party at Nottingham Chameleons. It was delayed a little to let it coincide with Anne-Louise's birthday. I won't mention her age and I've gaged 'Ed' too :) Happy birthday! :-D

A few brave souls had gone for the 60s theme, although most of us had stuck with summer outfits. For me, it was a little too warm for the idea of boots, tights and mini dress. Although in all honestly, I don't have anything remotely 60s in my wardrobe. I did consider going for a hippy chick vibe but that didn't really come off.

We had a few new faces pop along: Gaynor popped in for her first visit. I had a bit of a chat with her later on. Emma (of not-so-secret-life fame) came along for the first time too and we - and Sam - had a good long natter. I also got a few snaps off, so maybe - if you're lucky - the two young ladies will be updating their galleries. The usual suspects where 'in da house' (as Mr G would say), so it was a packed night. Val had bought herself a new 'do' and looked great. It really suited her.

There was the obligatory raffle to boost funds and to help cover the excellent spread that Sandi et al had put together. So much lovely cake and so little room in the dress I'd worn :-) I'd brought in a necklace (which Sandy seemed to have her eye on!) and some chocs to help increase the number of prizes. Every little helps as they say.

As the tickets went around, in for a penny, I thought, and my generosity was rewarded! I won some choccies - Mrs Jones's favourites too. Sam also won some chocs and when my number was up again, I slipped the ticket to Emma so she got something too. I don't like winning twice... although for the lottery, I'd make an exception :-)

I switched to my dancing shoes later on - just in case - but the music remained 60s stuff and with the layout of the tables, a good boogie wasn't on the cards. Still, not to worry, it stops you getting all hot and *ahem* glowly. :-)

On yer bike

In other news, earlier in the week I had the dubious honour of turning a previous attendee away - not an 'admirer' in case you were wondering. The chap in question.... he's not your typical TG (tranny, CD, TS: pick a tag) and for reasons I won't go into here on this blog: a line was drawn and he crossed it.

A few of us talked about it and we decided it was best for the group if he didn't visit again. I feel a bit bad doing that, but at the same time the group is here for TG people. He's not going to get what he wants at the group and he's likely to upset folk. The latter will never do as Notts Chams is very protective of the TG folk who come along.

Take care
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: Paparazzi by Lady Ga Ga ]

12 comments:

  1. Your group did the right thing banning the offender. The group setting has to be a positive experience, especially for the newbies. You can't afford to let someone inappropriate scare off those that really need a safe place for expression. Support groups are lifelines for many of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesile Ann: Thanks, chuck. When someone makes the (brave) effort to step through the door, the last thing they need is to be made to feel uneasy by someone's dodgy behaviour / dress code*

    (* Aye, somewhat ironic a cross-dresser talking about dress code, but we have standards! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Lynn, i cant believe i forgot to take any photos (again)... So no pics from me im fraid:(

    Oh and my GF is enjoying the chocolates as i type lol

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps... what sort of gimp mask is acceptable for Chams... 'Full face with a zip'? or just over the eyes like Robin?

    haaahaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha: No camera? Inner blonde moment? :) Glad to hear Mrs Sam's enjoying the chocies - so's Mrs Jones! :)

    As long as the gimp mask matches your shoes and/or bag, it's cool. :) If it's full face, it's okay as long as it has an in-built kazoo.... so you can rubber up and attract ducks at the same time :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Leslie's motion, great job Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica: Thanks. Guess we'll see if he'll tempt Fate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for having the courage to do what needed to be done; I'd like to think I would have, but fear I might not!

    I can't imagine trying to put together a vintage wardrobe along with other things...hopefully they don't decide to roll the clock further back!

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your sixties look...very cool. I am currently crushing over a bandana dress that screams 60s...glad yr group is protective

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alan: Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet. :)

    Pre-60s? It could be tricky. Then again 20s flappy dress? :D

    Cassidy: Thanks and you should so buy that dress you have your eye on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Though I can't dance a step, I can play a mean Charleston...

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alan: LOL. That's good 'cos I can cut some rug, but can't play a note. :)

    ReplyDelete