Friday, January 09, 2009

"Both wide awake and dreaming of yesterday..."

Hey folks,

W'sup? :) Brrr. It's been a bit cold here in dear old Blighty hasn't it? The tempreature has barely made it past 5 degrees most days. For the UK, that's rather cold.... then I see the weather for Canada or Iceland and I'm glad of where I live :-)

The week's been a little odd. With the rush of Christmas and the seemingly long slog through winter to *ahem* look foward to, my mind's a bit of a muddle. It started just after New Year's Day, a kind of grey fog where I kinda lost interest in just about everything. Well, almost everything. Perhaps it was because I was feeling a bit down, my tranny circuits went into overdrive. I started thinking about things I'd agreed not to do: shaving my legs or having my ears pierced. Perhaps they were just silly daydreams: designed to provoke me out of the cloud I was under. I'm a dreamer what can I say. Maybe I'd rather spend my time pondering the pointless than concentrate on the hear and now eh? :-)

But, the brief blip of darkness passed. I did neither and I'm glad I didn't. To do so would adversly affect my home life and if I'm honest - with myself and you too - I spend more time in bloke mode than anything else. To push the envelope to bare legs and pierced ears would I think be too much for the ever lovely Mrs Jones. That clearly wouldn't be right.

I could also do with all the insulation I can get right now. :) That schoolyard and the walk to work is bloomin' cold. I was digging out my opaques the other day just to keep another layer on. (Ed: Yeah, right. Whatever you say). Earlier in the year I was reading about fashion tights, strictly from a tranny POV, only to find a website (which typically I failed to bookmark) that covered the tips and traps of hoistey for gents. A quick rummage through Google, shows quite a few manufactures flogging their wares as us menfolk. I'm not sure I'm ready to sport a bright red pair to work instead of socks. To me, somethings just remain female clothing. Oh the irony eh? :)

[ Today's lyric: The Loving Kind by Girls Aloud ]

7 comments:

  1. In hunting magazines here I've seen them advise the guys that the best thing they can do before setting foot outside right now is don a pair of pantyhose...

    I don't know how many actually do!

    You are running in about our normal range for winter...we're "ahead" on our cold weather as well, usually we're just getting into it and have already seen 0 F. and -3F this winter.

    That with a 30mph wind!

    Bundle up, both you and your kin!

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan: I've read similar things in biker mags... Mags where Men are Men. There's lots of leather, goatees, shaved heads, etc.

    Hmmm... Can't think what other magazines that reminds me of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lynn,
    I'm with you on the whole shaving the arms/legs thing. I'd love to do it but it's a step too far for my other half. Out of love for me she's accepted - although reluctantly - my T-Girl side, so, out of love for her, I must keep the razor at bay! And anyway there was an awkward time a while back when I shaved my hands and she noiced. Ho hum . . .
    Julia P :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia: Hi there! Ahh, the constant battle against one's inner (and outer) Wookie. :)

    It's certainly cold enough for gloves and long sleeves! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrr. It's been a bit cold here in dear old Blighty hasn't it? The tempreature has barely made it past 5 degrees most days.

    You wanna swap? Yesterday down here it was 41 Centigrade or some such nonsense. Dash it all, you'd think we were living in bloody Turkmenistan or somewhere (though, given that's in the Northern Hemisphere, it's probably pretty cold there right now too!)!

    I've read similar things in biker mags... Mags where Men are Men. There's lots of leather, goatees, shaved heads, etc.

    Why is it that the first person who popped into my head after I read that was Rob Halford? :) Ah, they're an odd lot, those bikies, from what I can gather. Years ago, I bought a book called "The Devil May Care", which was one big photographic tribute to the Australian and New Zealand outlaw motorbike scenes. One picture from that that sticks in my head is that of a male biker baring his bum, so the photographer (another guy) could snap a pic of the beautiful flowers the subject had tattooed all over his buttocks. It took a while for the irony of that picture to actually sink in, but when it did, it really made me think!

    Your talk about pierced ears and shaved legs sort of bemused me, as I've been removing my leg hair (in one way or another) for over half my life now (geez, that's a scary thought!), and have had both my ears pierced for nearly as long. Really, neither thing's that big a deal. Honest! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zosimus: Swap? No thanks. I don't do 'hot'. I'm much more a cold weather person. Comfy jumper, roaring fire and hot choccy. :)

    Rob Halford - bless 'im! Is it just me or do Judas Priest have more kudos now he's out?

    As to the legs/ears thing, no, not a big deal, but I started the marriage with leg hair and ears intact, so some comprimises have to stay. Plus, it's a lot of effort from what I recall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As to the legs/ears thing, no, not a big deal, but I started the marriage with leg hair and ears intact, so some comprimises have to stay.

    So I suppose that also rules out getting a nice big tattoo on your chest showing a demon ripping his way out of it (which I was also going to recommend)? Damn.

    Plus, it's a lot of effort from what I recall. :)

    Aye, 'tis true. :(

    ReplyDelete