Friday, December 05, 2008

"Can you feel it, see it, hear it today?
If you can't, then it doesn't matter anyway"

Howdy partners,

Stuff

There are some days when the urge to write, or perhaps more accurately - to blog, are very strong. Equally, there are other times when your mind is empty; empty of the desire to get something off your chest. That may be a point of view, a confession or on occasion, a rant. This week has been a quiet week. I don't like drama, so life is good. May we all live in quiet times. :-)

So, on with the braindump :-)

Other stuff

The other day I was reading through Jo's Blog... which lead me to Diary of a Hope Fiend... which lead me to the Gender Analyser site. It's one of those word analyser thingies that let you pop a URL in and it goes away to tell you the gender of the person who's writing the web site.

Of course I put this in. :-) I am a blogger and blogs are all me-me-me right? :-) I can thing of the following reasons for the result:

1. The code's off a bit :-)
2. Somehow I'm screening my 'male' language.*
3. It's the comments that tipped the balance.

( * True 'cos my other site came up 95% bloke. Maybes trannys are only 1/3 male! That would explain why we can accessorize, walk in heels and still undo the lids of jars :-D ).

Anyway, it's not a p*ssing contest, just for fun:

We think http://yatgb.blogspot.com is written by a woman (67%).


Our survey said? Eek-errrkkk! :-) If I was feeling particular macho (Ed: or a film nerd) I could have said: "Errk! Wrong answer Hans!" :-) A polite hand clap to the first person who can name the film.

Rats. Film quotes *and* music lyrics. My name is Lynn Jones and I am a wordaholic. :-)

Obligatory Tranny Stuff

Next week it's the Christmas Party for Nottingham Chameleons. This year has a theme. Quite possibly the wine was flowing rather well at the time suggestions were being made. We are, apparently, going for an Abba theme. While I couldn't get hold of a powder blue jump suit, my outfit is sorted.

I am, again, providing the tunes for the evening. I'm no DJ that's for sure although hopefully the home-brew Abba megamix will keep us on our toes when it's time to cut some rug.

Cult Stuff

For a wheeze I added Followers to my Blogger apps. I guess it's a bit more than the blogroll thingy that most of us do. But there's something that freaks me out a bit. It's the term follower... It makes me feel like some cult leader or something.

Now got into the world my friends.... and do nice things.... and look glamorous!

:-D

Take care
Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: Epic by Faith No More ]

14 comments:

  1. That Gender Analayzer is utter crap. Look at the results: 54% say Yes, 46% say No. That's not really any better than the results that would be given by random guessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which member of ABBA are you going as?

    I'm guessing it's not Benny or Bjorn... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it's worth: "We think http://pandoracaitiff.blogspot.com/ is written by a woman (74%)."

    You can change the text on the followers box. I think mine says Minions! Liz's says "I love y'all even though you are showing poor taste". :)

    "Errk! Wrong answer Hans!" is from Die Hard, my favourite Christmas film.

    Have fun at your party!

    -Pan

    ReplyDelete
  4. 92% woman here...

    :o)

    I'll be 53 the end of the month, and glamour hasn't found me yet; I have had illusions (delusions?) of it a few times, but they were fleeting!

    Somehow I think you'll fare much better!

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie: LOL. Don't sit on the fence now. :-) It's a bit of fun - certainly not to be considered remotely accurate nor serious. Maybe it doesn't analyse your words, maybe there's just someone tossing a virtual coin and thinking of a number :-) Now, what did Vic Reeves say about statistics? :-)

    Lucy: Good call :) I think I'd be hard pressed to grow a beard between now and next Thursday. Which member? Not the blonde one. :)

    Pandora: Minions? 'Excellllent'. :) Spot on with the quote. I hope the party goes well. (Heh. "Welcome to the party, pal!!")

    Alan: I can't make any comment about 'the 8%' without it sounded really pervy. :-) So I won't....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup. Totally Die Hard, also one of my favorites.

    Then of course there is "You killed a helicopter with a CAR!!!!" "Yeah well I was out of bullets..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha: Hi and welcome. I've yet to have the pleasure of DH4 - I kinda lost interest on 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4 more than makes up for 3...

    I'm just sayin'...it's worth a peek!

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd have to agree with Alan, four is way better than 3 by miles and miles, and is even in ways better than two. One remains one of my favorites, and four picks back up the energy and intrigue of the first one.

    "Oh that pretty little Asian all star? She's at the bottom of an elevator shaft dead, I dropped an SUV on her. Oh, I'm sorry, was she your girlfriend?"

    "Don't make me rip your arm off and beat you to death with it, you won't enjoy it much."

    There's also a girl in this one who plays John McClain's daughter who is easily being groomed to be the next Die Hard star. She's pretty, but she's got her Dad's attitude and penchant for snuffing bad guys if they rush her.

    As to the gender analyzer widget, mine came up with 97% woman, which seems to be the stock answer. Doesn't much matter what test I take, or when, it's always 97% female. I once took one of those multiple choice tests, and tried really hard to get a more male score, especially since one of my natal sisters easily gets 88% male without even thinking about it. So I thought about it, worked her to try and lower my female score... Yeah, right, by one whole point. 96% female... Arghhh...

    Speaking of sisters, I have a sister named Lynn. Awesome!

    As to DH4, well worth it. About the only really bizarre part is when he kills a jet fighter with a tractor trailer truck.

    Oh, yeah, there's one scene in it you will so get. He gets assigned two FBI agents to play with, This is Agent Smith, and this is Agent Johnson, and the look on his face is priceless. Needless to say, they don't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Die Hard, eh? Well, I'm afraid I'll have to play devil's advocate here (bwahaha!), but I have to confess that the movies in that series really don't do much for me. I think it's a combination of the fact that I hate seeing the ingenious plans of bad guys turn progressively to shit because of the actions of one bothersome meddler (who in real life would no doubt be caught and disposed of within five minutes of his adversaries becoming aware of him); and the fact that Bruce Willis's character seems to develop a really odd (and really annoying) facial tic whenever he engages in shootouts with the bad guys. I also remember a scene from DH3 in which Bruce Willis's character attempts to get the (so far unseen) bad guy riled up by accusing him of being a crossdresser*. Um... OK. I've yet to see the fourth instalment of the series, but tragically enough, I probably will eventually. It'll be like all the other movie franchises I've become jaded about (eg Saw, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street etc), but which I still keep slavishly watching because, hey, I've been watching them since the first instalment - I can't stop now!

    *Actually, when guys accuse other guys of being crossdressers, I'm more bemused than offended by it. They seem to think it's such a devastating insult, but I always think, "Well, even if he is, at least it means he's probably got a more interesting wardrobe than you!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Samantha: But is your sister 'Evil Lynn'? :)

    Zosimos: The law of deminishing returns at play perhaps? Unlike Wallace & Grommit though, which seems to get better. :)

    I think it's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang where one of the character says something about 'trannys' and the detective comes back with something along the lines of "Nah, most are straight guys who love their kids." :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You wrote:

    "Samantha: But is your sister 'Evil Lynn'? :)"

    And I'll answer your question with a question. Do you think her email address would be "Evilpartyofone" if she were snow white?

    Actually my sister Lynne is this amazing, strong, sensitive, compassionate, empathetic woman who for fun, teaches trappeeze to kids. I don't mean woosy little hang from the jungle gym pretend thing, I mean full on, thirty feet in the air, flying from hold to hold, doing gymnastic moves, flips, tosses and leaps from bar to bar with swinging ropes and the whole nine yards. When she's frustrated and needs to relax, she goes to the rig and flies for hours at a time. She got into it on a trip to club med on a lark, and now she's a certified instructor. For a living she's an adexec with some small accounts you might have heard of... Not one of them is smaller than fortune 50 in size...

    She's totally amazing and helped me to save my own life once, well more than once. She's equally adept at getting folks to the point where they are begging for death if you cross her. She's a kind of evil that makes all the big time bad guys look like cartoon characters. Which is why I'm so glad she's on my side. (Yeah, I adore my sister! She's awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had one other thought here... Maybe you can still do the lids on jars, but I've had to learn new ways of doing things. Like asking for help, or tricks me Mum taught me yarns ago...

    So I can surmise on of three things. 1.) You've not been on HRT long or at all. 2.) You've been amazing lucky. 3.0 You've been working out.

    Me, I actually managed to sprain my wrist a little while back while opening a jar and trying to force it... Yeah, very embarrassing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Samantha: Trappeeze instructor? Now there is an interesting job!

    Asking for help isn't a bad thing, I don't get it why folk won't ask. Why struggle or wander about when you're lost?

    As to the summary: there's option 4 - I'm not on HRT as I'm not transisioning. Just another tranny :-)

    ReplyDelete