Friday, November 28, 2008

"What happened to you?
I wonder if we’ll meet again"

Hey there,

Sometimes the Muse hits you. I was listening to Dakota by the Stereophonics and reading the lyrics at the same time. It's a little pleasure I enjoy. I don't get every word and I like to know what a vocal is. Songs affect me; not so much mood, although that happens, but more often as stimulation or even creativity. A lyric or even just a 'vibe' is all I need to hear and on occasion my mind picks up the idea and runs with it.

The title for today's post contains the lyric (as ever) and on hearing it I drifted off into a little world in my head. I've been going to Chameleons for some time and while we have - to coin a phrase - the usual suspects, there are also lots of people who appear infrequently or just as one offs.

Part of me wishes that we had one of those old instant cameras and a photo album to keep a snap of everyone who walked through the doors. Of course, that wouldn't really be fair would it. Going out for the first time can be pretty nerve wracking and you don't want someone in your face wanting to take a snap.

But that issue aside, Chameleons has been running for a long time - 25 years I think - and there's been a lot of people (and fashions) come and go. Part of me wishes that we could in some way capture this tiny portion of history. Like other subcultures: we're the folk under radar. It's stuff that doesn't happen in the Big Picture, but we are there nonetheless and attendance is no doubt linked to changes in society (public acceptance) and our affect on society (going out / full time).

In other news, the earlier line "Children grown having some laughs" hit home too. Little Miss is now a whole year old. My, she's grown to be a cute little thing. Being a dad rocks.

Take care
Lynn
x

[ Today's lyric: Dakota by the Stereophonics ]

6 comments:

  1. You've just reminded what a great track this is Lynn :-) They have a newish album out which I'm flirting with...

    Gonna stick 'Dakota' on the player on my blog.

    And yes, being a Dad does rock :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give Little Miss a Happy Birthday wish from me. You don't have to say who it's from, of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo: Thanks, glad to be of service. :) I think there's a Best Of for those of us who couldn't be bothered to buy all the singles first time around.

    Alex: :-) I will. Shhhh ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the same way - music will set off a train of emotions and thoughts that I find hard to shut off :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Happy belated Birthday to the wee one!

    Music and clothing would make an awesome time capsule wouldn't they?

    (Especially for anyone who can still wear the same sizes!)

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alan: Nothing seems to date as fast as fashion or music.... but equally there are some things that are timeless. The little black dress, the band with guitars, a singer and a drummer :)

    ReplyDelete