Friday, October 24, 2008

"You're in the mood for a dance,
And when you get the chance..."

Hey good people,

I hope you've had a good week.

Last night we - the Nottingham Chameleons' regulars - got together for our Autumn party. There's a flurry of birthdays in Sept/Oct, so we have one bash to wrap them all together. Congratulations to Sandy, Val B, Tina and - ummm - me. :-)

We had a fuddle: a word which may not mean something to some of you. Apparently it's a midlander term, or so I read in the local paper. I guess you'd say it was a buffet where people bring food with them. Not being organised, I bought a box of chocolates. :-) Besides, we always have enough (well done to the caterers!) and it was a very tasty late tea.

After dishing out the raffle prizes and having a bit of a chin-wag, we cranked the stereo and had a bit of a dance. I don't know about the rest of the ladies (girls?) there, but I had a great time. Good company, good food, good music equals good times.

The only question now is: boots or heels for next week's do up in Matlock? The boots were easier to dance in but I'm not sure the skinny jeans* will be smart enough for the evening meal. Still, be a change for a tranny to be under-dressed wouldn't it! :-)

[ * I've heard it said you shouldn't wear a trend you wore last time. F*** that, since when have we trannys listened to fashion advice? :-) ]

Take care,
Lynn

[ Today's lyric: Abba's Dancing Queen. ]

4 comments:

  1. Probably the weather but my opinion leans toward boots.

    Enjoy the do next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote in favor of warm feet as well...

    Takes them forever to get warm these days!

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boots may win it... if they go with the red dress. I know red... but I'm out of LBDs. :) Maybe I should take both - just in case :D

    Lucy : Thanks! I hope to.

    Alan : I think keeping cool (there's a disco apparently) may be more of an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wear something twice??? Are you MAD woman?

    ReplyDelete