Friday, March 14, 2008

"Reasons to be cheerful. One, two, three..."

Howdy pardners,

It is, as someone once said "it's the little things." Sometimes Lady Luck smiles on you.

One

The other day I was circling a full car park with Wee Man in the back - who *really* wanted to go the park and not wait 10 mins while I found a space. As a looped back, someone pulled out and we slipped straight in. The rain that was forecast never arrived and I found a tenner in my wallet.

Two

Earlier in the week - after the wind had died down - I made a trip into town for a spot of shopping. I was running low on tights having put my finger through my fishnets and then laddered my only set of patterned opaques. After two quick purchases I nipped into New Look to see what was on offer. I found two pencil skirts - one was too big (yay!) and the other just right (and only a fiver as it was in the sale). On the way back to the bus-stop I nipped into my preferred charity shop and picked up a new top: dark brown with swirls on it (Per Una no less).

Three

The evening at NottsChams started off slowly and the outfit I'd originally planned failed as I forgot to pack my denim skirt. Luckily for me, I'd got the pencil number from New Look in the bag, so it was that instead. I had a nice chat with the regulars (including our new Fairy Godmother [wink]) and then a load of new people turned up. I had a quick chat with a young lady called Julie (nice to meet up) and then Sam & Vicky turned up. I've not seen Samantha for sometime and it was nice to catch up and meet her partner too. I felt a little old when Sam revealed her age. :)

Well, that's me done for another week. I hope you had a good one!

ps: In all the rush that was January, I missed a little milestone. Thursday, 27th January 2006 was my first night out to Nottingham. It seems like so long ago. Two years! Wow. Where does the time go?

[ Today's lyric is Faithless with Reaons (Saturday Night)... sampled from The Blockheads. ]

6 comments:

  1. Time flies when you're having fun. :-)

    Oh and I couldn't tell the lyric from the original, to be honest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Two years. How time flies when you are having fun.

    Must admit, I remember Ian Dury and The Blockheads, but I am far too untrendy and out of touch to understand the Faithless reference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky > such is the fun with samples. When is it the original? :)

    Maddie > Two years indeeed. I was surprised. I remember turning up at the hall in Rolleston. Meeting you, Rachel and, of course, Sandi.

    I wouldn't say Faithless are trendy - very good (IMO), but they've been around a bit :-). Still, a fine band by all accounts. Anthemic perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is so really strange....Maybe it's me....maybe it's the totally pink bottle of reduced (in price) bottle of M&S sparkly Rose (where is the tilted thing at a 45 degree angle on this keyboard?) that I have just consumed.

    It's just that Lynn is a friend of mine (I hope) and I had absolutely no idea she ran a blog...because she didn't tell me.....

    I found it babes in a drink laden night at past one in the morning...whilst surfing....thru Joanne's Nicholls links (she's a strange one that girl...Arsenal...I mean how weird can you get?)

    You have a brilliant website hun....(random thought....isn't it funny how written word can make you appear more intelligent than the impression one gives in real life)

    No really i love it :)
    Take care hun
    See you soon
    Look afer the little one...they are the most special thing we can do
    Love
    Tina Dey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina > welcome to the ramblings :) How are you? It's been a while hasn't it! Unless I'm confusing you with someone else in which case it hasn't been *that* long :D

    Thanks for the kind words about the site, I do have it checked by my grown-up helper to ensure it's dead clever un stuff. Little one(s) are doing well.

    ps: Surfing while under the influence? You bad girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I look at retirement, I remember hiring in with a 5 month old son and another on the way...

    Now the one that was on the way has 3 of his own!

    There are times it seems like yesterday...

    Then I look in the mirror and realize it wasn't!

    May you find many more memories to mark the passing of the years!

    alan

    ReplyDelete