Friday, December 28, 2007

"Time it goes so fast..."

A big festive hi!

I hope you're enjoying the holiday season. The last few days have gone by in a blur of visits to friends and family punctuated by too much yummy food and the obligatory gift exchange.

Xmas

I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions; really, if it's that important, just do it (Ed: today's sage advice is sponsored by Nike). That said, I think I need to start back on doing a bit more exercise and (maybe) cut down on the mountain of chocolate we got for Xmas.

Talking of getting things for Xmas - wow, was that seamless or what? - what did you get? I got some cool things. A couple of nice ties (clearly a Dad thing), some DVDs, music, etc. Oddly I did get 2 CDs filled with the names and addresses of most of the adult UK population. Not sure what to do with those. Maybe I'll eBay them. :-) H. was very chuffed with the clothes and posh make-up I got her (one of the advantages of having a tranny husband). The jewellery seemed to go down well too. Phew! Wee Man was over the moon with his toys- luckily I managed to find one particular toy at the very last minute - well, okay 3.58 on Christmas Eve. He was over the moon. Both of their reactions made the whole shopping slog and wrapping rush well worth it.

Ker-ching?

I see that the sales are on and that certain portions of the media - or Big Media to use the supposed blogging technospeak - have been 'bigging' these up. I dunno about the Winter Sales. I mean sure I love a bargain as much as the next girl (Ed: ummm - geezer?) but given the sack-like tops that were doing the rounds earlier in the year and the metallic / sequined dresses that were 'frock du jour', won't they all date terribly? Maybe it's a tranny thing, but I like my (female) clothes fitted. I need all the help I can get in getting way from the straight up and down boxy bloke shape I have - I really don't want to mask what (artificial) curves I have. Maybe I've been brainwashed by Gok - who can say? :-)

I wonder if the fashion bubble is in danger of getting pricked? I remember reading a fashionista's column the other month about the young lady's holiday and subsequent return to the UK. She said that she missed a number of key trends. She went on to say that 'missed' as in they came and went, not she mourned their passing. How can a trend be over in a month? That's one hell of a short shelf life. Funny the difference between men's and women's fashion! The piece certainly rang a few bells, as like most folk with two wardrobes to maintain, you only have a set amount of money available. It's picking the clothes that you'll get a couple of 'wears' out of that's the trick.

2008

This'll probably be it until the New Year kicks in, so I hope you all have a good one - whatever you are up to - and that the new year is kind to you.

Lynn
x

[ Lyric: The Bangles with Manic Monday ]

4 comments:

  1. You to Becky. Let's hope 2008's a good one eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the holidays were kind and that the New Year brings you and yours all the happiness one can dream of!

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alan. Mine (ours?) was great thank you. I hope yours was a good one too. Here's to the New Year! (although we are a few days into it).

    ReplyDelete