Friday, December 21, 2007

"It's Christmas at ground zero"

Hiya,

All sorted for the big event then? Here at Jones Towers we're pretty much done - except the fun that is the wrapping up.  :) However I have booked off pretty much all of the festive period on leave (Ed: "which was nice"), so this year it hasn't been much of a chore. Actually I better remind myself of that when I've got sellotape stuck to my fingers and I've just snagged the last bit of paper. Honestly, how many trees - ney, forests - must we got through as a nation? Good job we have a recycling bin for all the bits and bobs.

We've put a limit on the family stuff this year. Mainly because there's so many of us and also because - and let's face it - if you don't have it by now when you're an earning adult, do you really need it? I'm pretty much sorted for socks and pants and I really don't want a jumper (unless it's that little black shrug number from M & S. Unlikely :) ).

Is there anything you'd really like for Xmas? I'll skip on the World Peace gag (doh!) although....
  • A diary that lists the appointments that you shouldn't miss (birthdays, parties) and the ones you should (tedious meetings where you offer nothing and learn nothing).
  • A sat-nav that a) actually works and b) can find you a quick route away from the traffic.
  • The perfect (i.e.: flattering) pair of black trousers (hint: not bloke ones!)
  • Lippy that only wears off when you want it to... and not on the first wine glass you drink from.
  • Supportwear that doesn't cripple you and gives you a smooth physique. (Gok are you listening?)
  • A clock that does give you an extra hour in the day.
Joking aside, there's one thing - no, two things - I'd like for Christmas. One is to have a really good time with my family and the second is for you all to have the same. Thanks to all you people who took the time to read this blog over the year(s) and a 'big yourself up' to those that made this fun by posting your views and comments. I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a good New Year!

See you in 2008!

Good luck!
Lynn

[ Lyric: Weird Al's Christmas At Ground Zero. Let's put it this way, when the Outlaws - sorry, in-laws turn up - and the Jones crew assembles.... it's interesting. In that Chinese curse kinda way. Earplugs. Check. Asprin. Check. :) ]
x

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea what a "black shrug number" is, but I'd love to wrap it and put it under your tree with no signature on the tag...

    Merry Christmas, and the Happiest of New Years to you and yours!

    Thank you for your kind words and your well wishes!

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't arrange an instant weight loss kit could you? I'm sure all these mince pies are pooling in my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a fabulous day, and that we get to meet a bit more often in 2008. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alan > Thanks for the kind offer but I think my wifey would probably snaffle it! :)

    As to a 'shrug' - it's like a small cardy that's been shrunk in the wash. It stops midway up your back and the arms are normally three quarter length. It servers little purpose except it looks nice.... oddly you only see these for women. :D

    Penny > LOL. Have you tried mixing ExLax into the Xmas pudding? :)

    Rachel > I had a great day thank you. I hope you did too and maybe the Fates will shine on us in 2008 eh? You can but hope!

    ReplyDelete