Sunday, April 29, 2007

When shall we 12 meet again?

Hey,

Good weekend? I hope so. Fabby weather!

AGM

Last week's meeting was a bit different. We had an Annual General Meeting. You can tell it was important because it had capital letters (Ed: English is just an nationality to you, isn't it Lynn?). Anyhoo, it went rather well (IMO). I had a bit of a wardrobe dilema over what to wear. In the end, I went for my hippy skirt (brown + tie dye), a biscuit coloured top, the usual fishnets (not back on to plain yet) and my favourite heels (not sure about flats yet). Someone said I looked like a secretary, which made me laugh! Maybe I'll take a photo in to the admin team at work and swap ideas. :-)

We had a full house with many of the usual suspects and regular irregulars coming along. The meeting kicked off around 8.30ish and there was a very good spread provided. For my sins, I had volunteered to take the minutes while Paula was - ahhh - chairwoman. The minutes are on the Chameleons' forum if you're really interested (see side panel for a link and then select the forum option).

Midway through we broke for nibbles and to sip some Bucks Fizz. Somehow, I ended up being bottle opener as most folk didn't seem to like the sudden cork popping. Hint: twist it slowly and it won't shoot off. :)

The group discussed a number of matters cooly and calmly (s that a word? Ah well!). So, the subs are up to 3 quid 50 (no biggie), we have some more volunteers to do the admin tasks (like tidying up, making tea, web design, etc) which can only be a good thing.

The group has been running for nearly 25 years which I think is very impressive. Although it would be very hard, it would make a fascinating documentary / book on who attended the group and where their life has taken them since.

Jane had even kept the minutes from the last meeting - way back in 1988! Wow, 1988. I was a teenager back then. While I knew I was a tranny, I was cool about it at that point. It didn't start freaking me out until a year or two later. But, enough about me, what were you doing in '88?

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear it all went well Lynn. Sorry to be absent (again!) but duty calls. I promise I will get there soon(ish!)>

    As for 1988 I too was a teenager. Discovering the excesses that regular paid work brought. You know, alcohol, alcohol and errr, alcohol. Oh and my first dodgy wreck of a car!
    I hadn't by then discovered the Tranisphere and still believed I was one of a limited few who were weird. Funny how education improves your life huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your AGMs are every 19 years Lynn? Is that because no-one want to do the minutes then? And have all the actions from the previous meeting been erm, actioned?

    Back in '88 I was a year into being a Dad, and working on number two son. Now I'm trying to get them out of the house so that I can dress in peace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie > No worries. Maybe next time! I don't think the Tranisphere existing back then - unless it ran on FTP and WAIS. I bet there were BBS tho!

    Penny > lol. What can I say? NC are an easy going bunch! Meetings schmeetings. We were surprised that Jane had kept the minutes from the last one. Talk about a time capsule. Some of the names read out - of organisations of yesteryear - rang a few bells.

    Good luck with getting the house back! :-)

    ReplyDelete