Friday, March 02, 2007

But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train home

Hey hey pussycats,

Good week? I do hope so. 

Shell Shock

It's been an 'interesting' week this time around: project meetings, exams, more meetings and not enough tea + cake. I'm feeling like a rabbit who's just caught the glimpse of Clarkson's mower fronted 4x4... only to find some b*stard's put glue under my fury white ass. I'm really glad it's the weekend, so I can just switch off and do normal stuff like go to the park and make giant Lego towers. With luck, Wee Man'll join in too. :)

Walk This Way

Take an old rock song from the 80s - although I still love the Run DMC version - and chuck in 8 tranny icons and a loop the guitar. The result: Comic Relief's new single by the Sugababes and Girls Aloud. It's beginning to grow on me, although I somehow wish it was slightly heavier and a little faster. Still, it wouldn't be pop then would it. :-)

Y'know, this is the time when it's great to be a tranny*. Going back to last week's "it ticks all my boxes"; let's break it down (homie):

- Classic rock riff - tick.
- Foxy young ladies looking fine - tick.
- Over-the-top clothes and eyeliner to die for - tick.

Would I dress like it? Not in a million. Would I if I was still 22? No comment :-)

[ * Other good times are the Xmas party season because the frocks are sooooo gorge. ]

Travel broadens the mind, but thins the wallet


In the next few months it looks like I'm going to be away on business. As a kid it sounded so exciting: travelling to far off places - London, Manchester, Paris, New York (no chance of the last two). Staying away while the company picks up the tab for your meals, the room and - if the hotel's got one - time in the pool. Funny that reality is a little way away from the dream. :-) Now, don't get me wrong; I don't mind a bit of travel here and there. Like everything else in life, it's all about balance. Too much travel and you start to miss home and your family. Sure, it's nice to chill out in a hotel once in a while, but there's only so much to do before you slowly begin to mad.

I hear that the Devil makes work for idle hands. I also hear that he has all the best tunes. So, why not combine the two? At some point this year I'll be heading down south and staying not too far away from a tranny friendly club. I wonder if it's worth going to? Sure, I've got to get from the hotel to the venue but that's not insurmountable. Choices, choices eh? Is it true that it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't? I'd like to go but at the same time feels wrong. No doubt morality will take the lead over fantasy. Still, that's not necessarily a bad thing is it.

Under the Radar

The other day I was looking at my Blogger control panel and I spotted "You have 11 comments that require moderation." Ooo. Do I? How did that happen? I guess that would explain why some folk couldn't log comments when I started this merry jaunt into the Blogosphere. Well, after backing up my blog (Ed: she means cut and paste) I managed to get the comments merged with the rest and a few names popped out. So, my apologies to Jo, Becky, Lizz and Jessica for not replying earlier.

So what dropped under the radar? A question about a skirt from Matalan (wow, was that a long time ago); hello from Mexico and a tranny 'how to' document. The latter made me think again. There are lots of sites with diaries or photos, although there are few that go into the how you do it kinda thing. Roses has recently struck up a wiki where folk can share their hints and suggestions. Hopefully it will grow with time and there are some excellent links to make-up, body shaping and creating quality boobage

Glamour and clothes aside, I think the one thing you really need to learn is self-acceptance. Sort that, and everything else will fall into place. Thus endeth this lesson. :-)

Under a Blood Red Button Moon

Don't forget the eclipse tonight! Auntie Beeb report that it's supposed to be a good one. That's as maybe although it's slating it where I live. Still, New Scientist report that they'll be another one on 28 August 2007.

8 comments:

  1. Pink Punters: Go for it, a good night out for a tranny, usually. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [pedant mode] The eclipse is tomorrow night! ;-D [/pedant mode]

    I think you are right on the money with the self acceptance thing. Something I still struggle with, though I am getting better.
    No matter how good/passable/convincing you look, its just not worthwhile unless you are comfortable with it. I hope I'll attain true inner peace one day.
    One day.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky: Thursday looks like the night to go. Hopefully the dance floor will be open. I don't fancy sitting in a cocktail bar* all night kicking my heels.

    (* is that a song? )

    Maddie: LOL. So I didn't miss it. Yay! Oh good, 'cos it was sheeting it down.

    I think you're spot on with the passing thing. Sure, it may be good for the ego, but realistically it's not going to happen for most of us. The best you can hope for is to look 'good'. Confidence, which I think comes from acceptance, can help.

    Possibly this is why t-folk burst on to the scene in their late 20s / early 30s - they begin to accept that this aspect of character isn't going to go away and - shock horror! - it's actually rather fun.

    Despite outward appearances, being a tranny isn't all about clothes. It's a personality thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eclipse is tonight... and looking good so far. Nice and clear which makes a change since most nights when they predict a meteor shower its always foggy and raining.

    The Girls aloud version of Walk this way is an abomination and I haven't blogged about it yet because I fear I may explode with annoyance! ;) They've tried to change the words from a guy's point of view to a girls one, and it just doesn't work. Male cheerleader? FFS....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica > Yo! Again :)

    Jo > Given England's climate, I thought we were rather lucky to get a good view of the event. Not sure about meteor showers since Day of the Triffids. :)

    Don't hold back, Jo, just say what you mean about the track. ;-) Yeah, they could have sung it straight, but it would have been kinda odd. Whoever leads the chorus doesn't have Tyler's oomph.

    Perhaps they should have got Jay (5ive) out of pop retirement for the rap bit. Maximum cheese! :) On the bright side, at least it wasn't Westlife. [pause] Although, that may have worked....

    So, hit or miss on Tranny Jukebox Jury? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Glamour and clothes aside, I think the one thing you really need to learn is self-acceptance. Sort that, and everything else will fall into place."

    Absolutely! Spot on. Easier to say than do,but oh so worthwhile getting there!

    And yes, if more t-folk stopped obsessing about the notion of passing and got on with just being they'd end up alot happier - or a lot less delusional. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel > It's a long tiring slog up a very steep, slippy hill. But once you get to the top: what a view. :)

    Did anyone have a moment of clarity (end quote) or was it something that came together slowly for you all?

    ReplyDelete