Monday, January 01, 2007

That was the year that was.

Ahhh... New Year's has been and gone. Happy new year everyone. I hope that 2007 is good for you. I wonder what trials and tribulations it will bring?

2006 was an interesting year. New houses and new jobs for most people I know, people
emigrating and (as this is a tgirl blog), I started going out to the support group in January. Has it only been 11 months? It seems like longer. There are parts of 2006 that have been hard, but on the whole, life has been good to me and my family. I know of a few people who've had it a lot harder than I have. For this, I am very grateful.

Going out has (understandably) caused friction on occasion. Equally, it has also brought me peace with myself and a new circle of friends. Perhaps it is true what psychologists say in the media: if you don't look after yourself, how can you look after anyone else? It's a hard truth that sometimes you need to put yourself in front of others. I don't like that, but if it means I can be all of me some of the time, I am not repressing. Sure, I have my moments of self doubt (see previous post), but on the whole, there is more good news than bad. Fingers crossed that 2007 is a good year.

At the risk of sounding like someone at an 'awards do', I'd like to say a big thank you to the people who take the time to organise the socials, forums and web sites (blogs too!) that we girls go to. They are a welcome respite.

Thanks for reading.
Lynn
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi hon...have been out of blogging for a bit, but am back now...

    Just thought I'd drop in and say hi, and Happy New Year :-)

    (new blog is at http://innergirlreturns.blogspot.com in case you're interested)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,

    Welcome back. Good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete