Friday, December 08, 2006

A slight case of overshopping...

Hi everyone,

How's your week been? Not too stressful I hope.

Shop, shop, shoppity-shop

I had the day off today to get the rest of the Xmas shopping out of the way. My feet hurt (but more on that later). Besides the usual Christmas prezzies of chocolate, books and CDs, I had a wander around to find something more interesting for H. I got her a number of items which will (hopefully) bring a smile.

Once I'd got H's and Wee Man's presents out of the way - and dropped them off at the car - I went back to see what else might be about. I bought some Lipfinity because my lippy just doesn't last the night. A big thanks to the young lady in Boots who fielded all my questions. I also got around to (finally) getting a new bra. After trying on six (!!) I got the right fit. What a chore that was. Still, this new one takes my breastforms* and gives a bit more shape than my old one. Sadly, they only had that size in white. So, I still need a black bra. Ho hum!

[ * Breatforms? Well, chickenfillets to be accurate. Any girls new to the dressing up game? Well, two pairs of chicken fillets (Debenhams, La Senza, etc) may suit your needs. But, your mileage may vary. ]

I also dropped off a bag of old clothes to a local charity shop. Only to find two rather nice skirts in. One was a casual brown/black affair with a tie-dye pattern. The other more formal in deep red and twisted seams. Ack, that's a poor description. Perhaps I need a photo! Anyhoo, on the way to the counter, I spotted the handbags. Ahh! My luck was in as I spotted a bag I'd been after for a while. Okay, while the fashion may be in for big chunky bags, I have a soft spot for the cute little rucksack thingies that were in a while ago. So, I got one of those too! :) Ahh, money to charity and a bargain for me. What's not to like? :)

Later on, while looking for a few more things for H, I popped into New Look. They had some of the most fabby shoes in. I was in bloke mode, so trying them on didn't seem a good idea. Maybe one day, I'll brave Nottingham High Street en femme. Still, if you pay cash, you can always nip into a department store's changing room and try them on without prying eyes. One pair didn't fit (leather with that wood effect heel) but the 40 style ones did... and they were comfy to walk in (well, as much as you can in a changing room booth).

Bigot Du Jour

Well, that was me done. On the way back to the car, I popped into the tight shop in the Broadmarsh. I picked up some new fishnets - I'd laddered the last pair getting into the car (rats!). They do some very scary patterns (fashion huh?) although if you want anything a beyond what the supermarket / SuperDrug sell, it's a good place to go. Anyhoo, I could find 'medium' but no large. I asked if they did and the lady behind the counter asked if they were for me. I said yes and she said that they'd probably be okay. They get a lot of men coming in at this time of year for fancy dress (yeah, right!). "Oh, we get some of *those* people in too," cooed the assistant. Hmmm... a bit too much emphasis / distain on the 'those' for my liking. I tried my best poker face: Oh, all the usual nutters," she added. For a mo, I considered saying, "Trannys you mean? Yeah, the girls and I from Nuthall a frequent visitors. We probably account to a large proportion of your trade. But, if we're nutters, we could go elsewhere if you'd like." Of course, I didn't. Being British, I made some weak line about "well, it would be dull if we were all the same."

In and Out

By the time I got home it was dark. Strangly, that's one of the things I like about winter. There's something rather magical about the run up to Christmas. Cold nights, but being tucked up warm at home. I looked at the clock. Enough time to try some of my new clothes and test drive my shoes before getting cleaned up and be ready for H and Wee Man coming back. What a great ending to the week.

Have a good weekend!
Lynn
x

No comments:

Post a Comment