Friday, November 03, 2006

Hello Autumn

Hello folks.

Urban Walks

Today I had the luxury of a walk between our two main offices. A pleasant jaunt through a semi-urbanised environment. Twenty minutes away from e-mail and the telephone ringing. Just me, the autumn sun and a gentle breeze.

It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life. ~P.D. James

Comedy News Programmes

Not so much Have I Got News For You, but ITV's persistance at turning itself into an episode of Brass Eye. While flicking through the TV channels tonight, I stumbled across the Tonight programme where they were discussing the new Borat movie. Is it racist? Is it comedy? Well, comedy, like beauty, is subjective. Is Bernard Manning a racist, or is he, like Jerry Sadowich - allowed to say that if you target all, no one is a victim. If everyone is a target, can you be accused of singling anyone out? Mind you, I wouldn't fancy sitting in the front row en femme to prove that point. :-)

Shopping

Next week sees a trip out shopping with the girls from the social group. I must confess I'm quite excited as it'll be fun to go for a stroll en masse and see what delights are on offer. As the night's draw in, I'm wondering if I can pick up a coat. Wrap cardigans and long sleeved tops are okay, but they don't keep the wind chill out. Maybe the Patron Saint of Bargains will smile upon us.

Relaxation

At work the other day, the topic of relaxtion cropped up in office conversation. S. said he liked to go jogging while J. professed her love of hoovering to destress. What about you? I was asked. What do you do? Luckily, I didn't have a thought bubble appear above my head as various past-times zipped through my mind. While my mind's eye was busy recounting getting ready to visit Chams; or flicking through the latest clothing mag to drop through the door; I gave a more typical answer. Mainly, I said lying, I like to read or surf the Net. You know, geek stuff.

Is this what it's like being a superhero? Secret identity, things you can't talk about with normal* folk and meeting up with people you wouldn't recognise out of 'costume'. If any superheroes are reading this, please let me know.

Well, that's me done. Have a good one and take care.

PS: This week's homework: define 'normal'. :-D

1 comment:

  1. Yeah it's pretty much like that, and just try getting your dry cleaner to sign a confidentiality agreement!

    Becky
    Superhero (not telling you which one).

    ReplyDelete