Monday, June 12, 2006

Thunder... thunder... thunderstorms (??)

Thor was well and truly in a blinder of a mood today. Real big-assed wrath-of-the-gods thunder. Impressive stuff. Oh and there was a much needed rainstorm. Welcome to the British monsoon season.

Which brings me nicely - ooo, good link eh? - to shopping the other day. P. and I had gone shopping and for the first time in ages, we went into Monsoon. "That's a nice skirt," she says holding up this gorge pale green patterned silk number. I nod and fumble with the price ticket. ****ing hell, I think, and it's not designer. :-) Funny that in some shops you can get an outfit for that price! :-) After much too-ing and fro-ing, we did get an outfit together. So, she's now sorted for the do the week after next. Boots had an offer on, but neither of us needed anything, so that passed by too.

In Jo's blog she mentioned that dilema you have when you meet someone who has a fantastic lippy / top / skirt / outfit and you're dying to know where they go it. Yeah, I know that feeling too. Can you, as a guy, say to a woman "nice hair" and really just mean that? Perhaps if you're Carson from Queer Eye, but I don't think I could pull it off. :-)

Brokeback Mountain popped through the post yesterday and I enjoyed watching that. Great performances by Ledger et al and I'm a little miffed that it lost out on an Oscar to Crash. I saw Crash earlier in the year, and I don't think I've seen a film where the characters were so vile. Out of a dozen, there was perhaps one non-vile person. Maybe I'm missing the point - not for the first time - but mostly I watch a film because I want to be entertained, educated or be lost in the moment. Crash was dirty and unplesant, not challenging nor educational. The cynic in me wonders if the Oscar board could find more in common with the bigots/misanthropes than the love story of two cowboys. Perhaps I'm being too right-on. Ah well, they'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes. :-)

I must try and make an effort to attend the next meeting. I know the summer funds drop as membership wanes. I *almost* made it last time (in bloke mode no less) but by the time I'd got into Nottingham, it was half nine. Instead, I nipped into Asda and got the shopping in. That's rock & roll eh? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne

    Attendance has been pretty good over the last few weeks. 19 last week.

    We have been really surprised as we too thought the attendance would drop with the warmer weather.

    Well we have our summer doo next weeks, so its floaty frocks out on the lawn for most.

    Hope you can join us.

    Remember you can get changed there if you want to

    sandi

    xx

    ps love reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,

    Glad to read that attendance hasn't folded under the fabby summer weather.

    Looking forward to the next week's meeting.

    Thanks for the kind words about the blog.

    TTFN!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete