Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Those summer niiiiights....

Out

Well last week at Chams was rather fun. A new girl turned up (Hi Simone!) and some old faces too. Ummm.. not that all of us have old faces... :-)

The new foundation worked a treat and H. asked to borrow it too. She seemed quite taken with it in fact. Women eh? Can't leave tranny things along can they? :-D

It's Leicester this weekend (hopefully), so I shall be pondering what to wear during Friday's management meeting. How are you supposed to pay attention when most meetings are soooo dull? Meetings, surely the devil's work? :-)

Surprise treat

I've been wondering about getting my ears pierced for a little while now. A number of men (yes, I am a guy, I'm sure some of you may struggle with that revelation [/sarcasm]) my age have had it done, so do I have the perfect cover? Anyone who makes a gag about mid-life crisis gets a Paddington bear hard stare. :-D

[Aside: semi-seriously though, I've had long hair (now cut off) and I ride a motorbike. I'm running out of ideas for a mid-life crisis. I don't fancy an affair. Any suggestions? :-) ]

So, I thought it would be best to discuss things with P. - after all, there's two of us in this relationship and communication is good right? We had a sensible and no-tears discussion about it and I take her point that while it would be useful for special nights out, the rest of the time, people will be wondering why I've got my ears done, but never wear earings. What made me laugh was P. saying I'd "look the wrong side of gay" and that would confuse people! Perhaps if I didn't have a buzz cut and perfect eyebrows. Then... bombshell... she says, why don't we have a look on eBay for some clip-ons? Two hours later of laughing ourselves silly at the shoes and clothes for sale, I've got two pairs of nice earrings arriving. Cool!

This weekend we may also be going shopping at Matalan. Now, I know some folk out there don't like the stuff that they do. Hell, I don't like all that they do, but I like enough to be able to shop there. P. has her eye on the spotty dress (she'd look great it in) and I'd like a gleg (sorry, a "peak" to you non-UK readers) to see what's new.

Secrets and lies?

I raised the issue of flogging some of my old gear on ebay rather than have it lurking around unused. "Like what?" P. asked. Ummm... a wig, I replied. That sparked off a series of questions such as were did I get it? and where you nervous when you bought it?. In case you're curious, Debenhams and 'yes'. That prompted a few more questions (such as when did I start, when did I stop and why?). These don't seem to weird P. out (which is good) but I'm a little nervous about talking about such matters. After years of hiding things and not mentioning certain topics (make-up, clothes, etc), it's a relief to be so open. So, in an SJP/sex-in-the-city stylee: are secrets corrosive?

It's all me-me-me

I stumbled across the following questions on Lizzbeth's site and thought I'd give it a go. Well, she did say I would fill it out. I hate to disappoint. :-) I'd be grateful that if you feel like cut and pasting, please leave a link (or your answers). The more the merrier!

1. First name:

Lynn

2. Were you named after anyone?

No.

3. Do you wish on stars?

Uh-uh baby.

4. When did you last cry?

All out floods and sobbing was during the stand-off in Crash (between the Egyptian shop keeper and the Little Girl's Dad). Most recently, I was a bit weepy at the end of The Constant Gardener too. What a wus eh? :-)

5. Do you like your handwriting?

No, it's terrible. Luckily, someone invented computers.

6. What is your favorite lunch meat?

Ham.

7. What is your birth date?

Never ask a lady that - even a part time one. Okay, Transtember '1842. :-P

8. What is your most embarrassing CD?

I tend to be pretty ruthless with stuff I don't listen to. I guess it would have to be an Iron Maiden CD from 1990.

9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with yourself?

Probably not.  Apparantly, two virgos will fight like cat and dog.

10. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell?

I share 99.9% of things with my wife, P.

11. Do looks matter?

They're nice, but a sense of humour / positive outlook are more important.

12. How do you release anger?

If the occasion is suitable, I just let it out. If not, I fume for a bit and try to relax.

13. Where is your second home?

My imagination.... if that's not too trite.

14. Do you trust others too easily?

Yes. I should stick with my first impression rather than always giving people the benefit of the doubt.

15. What was your favorite toy as a child?

Lego.

16. What class in high school do you think was totally useless?

Statistics. Useful if you go on to do science maybe, but pointless otherwise.

17. Do you have a journal?

Yes and you're reading it. :-) I've two more: one that's bloke orientated (no, not tits and cars) and a technical one (deep geek stuff).

18. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Only when my lips are moving.

19. Favorite movie(s)?

The Green Mile; Aliens; Blazing Saddles.

If someone could combine all three, that would be very cool. :-)

20. What are your (acceptable) nicknames?

A contraction of my male name, but only to friends & family.

21. Would you bungee jump?

Probably, but it would take me some time to get the bottle up. I hate heights.

22. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

My work shoes, no; I just kick them off.

23. Do you think that you are strong?

Physically or mentally? Physically, not really - bit puny to be honest. Mentally, I guess so. It's not like I go around thinking "don't f*** with me." I think confidence increases with age, there are things that you'd not accept when you're younger, but as a stroppy adult, that's no longer the case.

24. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Cookies and cream.

25. What size of shoe do you wear?

UK size 8, sometimes a 9 (in women's or men's). Perv. :-)

26. What are your favorite colors?

I like blue, although I find myself wearing a lot of pastel shirts for work (blue, pink, black etc but not white).

27. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?

Physically, my Desperate Dan jaw. I can also be grumpy and lazy.

28. Who do you miss most?

My late sister.

29. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back?

Absolutely! People are fascinating.

29. What color pants are you wearing?

If you mean pants as in "kecks", then red boxer shorts with white checks. If you mean american pants, then bootcut blue jeans.

30. What are you listening to right now?

The bird song outside and the drone of the computer fan.

31. What was the last thing you ate?

Pizza + garlic bread followed by fruit and some smoothie.

32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Shocking pink - somewhat garish and doesn't look right next to the other colours. :-)

33. What's the weather like right now?

A lovely spring afternoon, a little windy, but not too cold. (or at least it was when i started this post. Now it's pitch black).

34. Last person you talked to on the phone?

My mum.

35. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?

How they're presented (facial expression, clothing, body language etc).

36. Do you like the person who sent this to you?

Yeah, I guess, I don't really know them, but they seem nice enough.

37. Favorite Drink?

Tea!

38. Eye Color?

Green.

39. Do you wear contacts?

Nope.

40. Favorite Day of the Year?

When the clock's go back in October. It means party season, autumn and Christmas is coming.

41. Scary Movies or Happy Endings?

I hate films when everyone dies at the end (unless their deaths go on to mean something). So... happy endings!

42. Summer or winter?

Winter. Dark nights, fires, cosy clothes, Christmas etc.

43. Hugs or kisses?

Both.

44. What is Your Favorite Dessert?

Creme Brulee.

45. Who is most likely to respond?

Not a clue. Hopefully anyone!

46. Who is Least Likely to Respond?

P. :-)

47. Where Would You Want to Go on your next vacation?

Somewhere were P and I can relax and have good time messing around with our little lad.

48. What Books are you reading?

The Tale of Johnathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

49. What's on your mouse pad?

I don't have one anymore since P. bought me an optical mouse.

50. What did you Watch Last Night on TV?

P. was watching American Idol, so I had to leave. :-)

51. Where was the farthest you have been from home?

San Diego or somewhere far north west in Canada.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see your reply. :)

    Rather enjoyed the sarcasm comment... I find that here at my job, it is a lost art, and lost on most of my colleagues. Eitehr that or it's a conspiracy to get me fired. :)

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your co-workers wouldn't be American would they? :-)

    Sarcasm, and irony especially, can be difficult to pull off. It's more than just your tone.

    IMO that is.

    ReplyDelete