Saturday, December 03, 2005

All quiet on the western front

Hello World!

How are things?

So what's been going on in my life? Well, that's the thing with having a blog that's on a singular topic. Sometimes there just isn't any news to print.

Actually, that's not strictly true. This is attempt number two to put an update online. I got most of the way through a draft, only to trash it when wifey walked in. Maybe I should be straight about the whole thing and there'd be no secrets. Didn't Grayson Perry say that secrets were toxic. Ahh, perhaps I've been taking his arts column in the Times a little too seriously. :)

So a singular blog? Well, I guess I'm not the only one, but it can limit you to just what to upload. I have another blog elsewhere (not prizes for finding it) which is completely full of the daily chaff of my day to day existance. I believe this is what blogs are for... I think I must post once a week to that and it is a window on to who I am.

Of course, the thing with that is that I don't want you to really know who I am. I suppose in that way, I am your typical tranny: I want to be seen, but not known.

What I could do is move both blogs and merge them. However, I quite like the fact that this part of my life is hidden from others. There's a certain smugness, if you will, about being in the closet.

Sure I've been out a few times, but I'm not Out with a capital 'O'. I enjoy my position within the group where I blog and if I'm honest, I don't really want to be the "Only Tranny In This Village". I'm happy to be me in that regard.

Heh. If you read that last sentance again. It's not strictly true. It is an ironic statement? I don't know. :) Neither of these blogs is really me. One ignores all the real world (this one) and the other ignores all tranny stuff. Perhaps I need to reach a state of balance. :)

I've finally started to catch up with my email. It's not that I get a lot, but it's just finding the time to reply to folk. Something that made me smile recently is that I got a nice thank you from another girl on Roses. I'd merely said something nice about her new photos... and I had a reply. Rather nice of her to do that I felt.

2 comments:

  1. > I don't really want to be the "Only Tranny In This Village".

    I can relate to that - lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonathan: Larks, are you starting from the start? You've got a lot of guff to go through! LOL.

    ReplyDelete